Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Zeitgeist, an idiosyncratic collection of music news and reviews.
We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features. Registration is simple, fast, and free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
VARIOUS - CPR Volume 3; VARIOUS - CPR Volume 3
Topic Started: Jan 25 2009, 09:50 AM (1,741 Views)
zeitgeist
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
VARIOUS - CPR Volume 3

Posted Image

Well this isn't one for the faint hearted. An eleven track compilation of Christian progressive rock, hence the CPR monicker. Now I've dipped into the world of Christian rock a few times over the years having fallen for the music of John Elefante at an early age, and you can't keep me away from Neal Morses solo albums. So I girded myself and dived on in.

And there's a heck of a lot of good music here. For sure, there's a couple of clunkers, but with the label calling out around the world for music, they've been able to sort mainly wheat from chaff.

That would include the opening track from Oztralien progsters Unitopia whose 'Lives Go Round' is quite stunning. 'Angle Of Repose' by Ad Astra is equally striking, but the album highpoint is 'Passport' by Phil Keaggy, which originally appeared on his 1985 album "Getting Closer", and which will have me hitting the internet shortly.

The people behind the release say they want to expand knowledge of prog rock into the Christian community, and to increase Christian themes within the prog community. I hope they succeed, as there is some truly inspirational music here.

http://www.cprogrock.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reviews Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

You can send stuff to Zeitgeist, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Everything here is (c) Stuart A Hamilton t/a Zeitgeist, unless otherwise stated. You can steal stuff, but please do a linkback. Cheers.

If this is your first visit to Zeitgeist, please go to the Portal. This is the best place to catch up on all the latest news and headlines.