Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Zeitgeist, an idiosyncratic collection of music news and reviews.
We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features. Registration is simple, fast, and free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fit And The Conniptions - Four Song Demo
Topic Started: Nov 16 2007, 06:06 PM (1,487 Views)
zeitgeist
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Fit And The Conniptions - Four Song Demo

Posted Image

Fit and the Conniptions is a combined band / webcomic project by London based singer / songwriter Wayne Myers. The first Fit and the Conniptions album was released in July 2007. These four songs come from the album, but there are more songs than four on the album. they are quote good songs, and if you like aggressive acoustic guitars and interesting lyrics you may like this.

[Editor, please delete this bit, not for publication; why do all the freaking nutters come to me. It's like that Beefheart gone mad American bloke, Bartles, who stalked me for years with his insane gibberings. The last thing I need is a nutter closer to home. Oh, yes, he thinks he's funny with his cartoons and witty web page, but really, the good old days would have had locked away somewhere. So stop passing all the mad bloke shouting CDs on to me, or I'll have you. Really.]

It's an interesting blend of blues and folk, with some clever fiddly bits that people who don't play jazz, like to call jazz, when really they're just fiddly bits, but don't let that take away from the ability to hold a guitar up the right way and sit facing the microphone. Especially from a bass player. Because we all know what they're like. Well, I do. I was one.

[Editor - please make that last bit sound like a compliment, if possible, and how glad am I that one my one Lahndahn trip of the decade ends 5 days before the ankle bracelet comes off and he gets out to play live again.]

So if you're one of those idiots, sorry, people who believe what it says on Myspace, then Mr Conniption says his antecedents include the likes of John Martyn, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon, Stan Webb and Loudon Wainwright III. Which equates to Mad (I know, I drank with him once), Bad, Double Bad, You're Having A Larf, Seriously?, Rawk and Used To Be Good A Bit Like Woody Allen But His Best Work Is Thirty Years Behind Me Did I Ever Tell You That "Motel Blues" Is My Third Favourite Song Ever?

http://www.conniptions.org
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reviews Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

You can send stuff to Zeitgeist, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Everything here is (c) Stuart A Hamilton t/a Zeitgeist, unless otherwise stated. You can steal stuff, but please do a linkback. Cheers.

If this is your first visit to Zeitgeist, please go to the Portal. This is the best place to catch up on all the latest news and headlines.