Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Zeitgeist, an idiosyncratic collection of music news and reviews.
We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features. Registration is simple, fast, and free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lady Morphia - Essence And Infinity
Topic Started: Apr 8 2007, 08:20 AM (951 Views)
zeitgeist
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Lady Morphia - Essence And Infinity

Posted Image

God, I'm old. Where did the time go? Back in the day, I used to run a printed fanzine called Zeitgeist - and this is the webby version, fans - and reviewed the debut release by Lady Morphia. "Tales From The Surgical Ward" it was called, and it may even have been a cassette. Ask your parents.

That was eleven years ago, and here I am with the first new Lady Morphia release in six years. And, frankly, I'll be having nightmares about some of the music.

Not in a shite way, mind, more in a dark, claustrophobic, inspired by a German philosopher kind of way. For the music is by the work of Oswald Spengler and his theory of the bloom and decay of culture according to organic principles. Rock and roll.

Actually, Nick Nedzynski, who basically is Lady Morphia, has come on leaps and bounds from his admirable earlier work. Touching on neo-classical, baroque rock and acoustic, this is an album that forces you to pay attention. If you know the work of Karda Estra, then this is almost a negative counterpoint.

An excellent, challenging and always interesting release.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reviews Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

You can send stuff to Zeitgeist, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Everything here is (c) Stuart A Hamilton t/a Zeitgeist, unless otherwise stated. You can steal stuff, but please do a linkback. Cheers.

If this is your first visit to Zeitgeist, please go to the Portal. This is the best place to catch up on all the latest news and headlines.