Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hot Topics on Whatsbev Games this weekend . . . . . Friday 24th October (all 7.30pm tip off) - Leeds Force 69 Vs Worcester Wolves 98 . . . London Lions 91 Vs Plymouth Raiders 63 . . . Newcastle Eagles 105 Vs Surrey United 78 . . . . . . . . Sunday 26th October - London Lions Vs Newcastle Eagles (4.00pm tip) . . . Durham Wildcats Vs Manchester Giants (4.00pm tip) . . . . Plymouth Raiders Vs Leeds Force (4.00pm tip) . . . Glasgow Rocks Vs Cheshire Phoenix (5.00pm tip) . . . Leicester Riders Vs Bristol Flyers (6.00pm tip) . . . . . . . . . . .
Welcome to What's Bev Got To Do With It?. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zaire Taylor
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 06:22 PM (2,651 Views)
Mike Kelly
Member Avatar
Basketball Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Signs for Worcester. A good replacement for Prezzie-Blue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Denzil
Rookie
[ * ]
Really!! Gutted he's not back at Riders this year. For me he was our best player not named Sullivan last year. Great pick up for Worcester! Assumed he'd go abroad when he didn't return to Riders. Not a bad back court with him and Owumi!!

Keith.H
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]

Great signing for the Wolves.
I'll be really interested to see how Zaire and Alex play together.

C'MON YOU WOLVES !! :wolf

Craig H
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
That's a dangerous backcourt of zaire and Alex, rest of the league should be worried.

Notorious Bigz
Member Avatar
Sceptic Wonder
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very dangerous. You resign Arnas to come off the bench and somehow keep Arturas and you're in a very very good place.
@therealcbigz - All views are those of everyone else. I just have a nack of saying what everyones thinking

faz
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ditto expected him to be in Europe. Did Rob not fancy him or did Worcester offer more?

My only concern is whether he will fit into the culture of Worcester?

Wolfball
Rookie
[ * ]
And what culture is that?

Steven McTowelie
Member Avatar
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
faz
Jul 29 2013, 10:49 PM
Did Rob not fancy him or did Worcester offer more?
Didn't see this coming. Really thought there was a good chance he'd be back with the Riders once Jay re-signed. Given that we signed Downing the best part of two weeks ago, I have to imagine Rob preferred him to Zaire. I think he'll prove to be a better scorer. Whether he turns out to be a better all around player remains to be seen.

Good signing for Worcester. November 16th should be interesting.
If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat, and this fake moustache?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

booma64
Member Avatar
Bench Player
[ *  * ]
That will be the culture of being the dirtiest team in the league!!!!!!!

DonaldBBL
Rookie
[ * ]
Zaire is very talented, watched his game here in the states. This signing shocks me, but it is a great pick up for Worcester! Cheers to you
www.warriorsbbl.com

Denzil
Rookie
[ * ]
faz
Ditto expected him to be in Europe. Did Rob not fancy him or did Worcester offer more?
Rob said he wanted all of last years team back so I guess that means he was either waiting for a bigger offer which never came and Riders went in another direction instead of waiting which lead to Worcester snapping him up, or Worcester offered him more money. Because although Worcester are a good team I can't imagine he walks away from a treble-winning team without asking for more money.

However it happened it's a really great signing for Wolves and you guys will love watching him. Looks like you'll be challenging for honours next year.

Edit: Just read this quote from Zaire "When it comes down to it, I wanted to play for a team that has the potential to win, and I also had to do what was best for me and my family at the end of the day."

Sounds like he got offered more money so he took it, which is fair enough. Hope he has a great season but not too great!!
Edited by Denzil, Jul 30 2013, 09:17 AM.

The Land of Plenty
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks to me like Worcester have gone "all in" money wise on this one, it would have been great to see Zaire back but it wasn't to be. It will be another great season irrespective!

Warewolf
Member Avatar
Bench Player
[ *  * ]
Notorious Bigz
Jul 29 2013, 08:34 PM
Very dangerous. You resign Arnas to come off the bench and somehow keep Arturas and you're in a very very good place.
He and Alex will be a great backcourt match up, I doubt that Arnas and Arturas will be back next season but you never know. Our first home game at the new arena is going to be an absolute blast against the riders.

Bonnie scotsman
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am not convinced decision is based on money but more on education.

lmh
Member Avatar
Rookie
[ * ]
Notorious Bigz
Jul 29 2013, 08:34 PM
I believe that I read that Arnas definitely wont be returning in an article several months ago.

massiveridersfan
Member Avatar
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Really sad that he isn't going to return to Riders because he was an excellent all round player who was incredibly modest. He did fantastic defensive work which helped us a lot and that got better and better throughout the season. Added to that, Zaire has the nerve and ability to take clutch shots when they are needed. Gonna hate seeing him play against us. Like someone else posted, I wish him well but not THAT well! Sure he'll be warmly applauded on his return to our home court. Puts some pressure on our new American guard to match up to Zaire's contribution last year. However, Rob has a habit of selecting excellent players so it'll be interesting to see what he can do. The league's going to be even more competitive this year I reckon.
:peace
Edited by massiveridersfan, Jul 31 2013, 06:40 AM.

Wolfball
Rookie
[ * ]
In regards to returning wolves players, I don't think there will be many. Articles in the local papers over the past few months mentioned that arnas had retired, Stan ocitti was considering retirement, fernandes had finished his masters and was returning to Spain, and that masulius would more likely be replaced with an American power forward

Warewolf
Member Avatar
Bench Player
[ *  * ]
Wolfball
Jul 31 2013, 12:04 PM
In regards to returning wolves players, I don't think there will be many. Articles in the local papers over the past few months mentioned that arnas had retired, Stan ocitti was considering retirement, fernandes had finished his masters and was returning to Spain, and that masulius would more likely be replaced with an American power forward
I thnk you are right, although I spoke to Stan some weeks back and he was still undecided, I think its more to do with getting the contract right, either way it would be great to see him back with us in Worcester. Arnas is knocking on a bit and playing abroad with two young kids back home was pretty tough on him last season.

Keith.H
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
Wolfball
Jul 31 2013, 12:04 PM

All of what you said is true wolfball.

Arnas is still going to help the club by "Scouting" players in Lithuainia.So don't be too surprised if the club sign 1 or 2 new Lithuainian 3 pt shooting power forwards!! :clap :clap

I will be interested in what british players PJ sign's for the new season.

Now for some gossip, Would any Wolves fans like to see Harry Disy come back to play for us??
PJ had serious discussions with him before last season. Maybe the chance to play at the new Arena might temp him back?? :hmmm :hmmm

Am looking forward to who the club announce over the next few week's.

C'MON YOU WOLVES!! :wolf

Keith.H
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
Bonnie scotsman
Jul 30 2013, 05:11 PM
I am not convinced decision is based on money but more on education.

I'm pretty sure your correct on that one Bonnie.

Don't forget that Wolves founder Mick Donovan is the Head of the University's Sports Science department which must allow for the club to offer top quality degree parkages to be included in any deal.

It will also make the Worcester University side pretty usefull having Zaire starting at PG!! :shhh :shhh

Jimmy Lad
Bench Player
[ *  * ]
Denzil
Jul 30 2013, 09:11 AM
faz
Rob said he wanted all of last years team back so I guess that means he was either waiting for a bigger offer which never came and Riders went in another direction instead of waiting which lead to Worcester snapping him up, or Worcester offered him more money. Because although Worcester are a good team I can't imagine he walks away from a treble-winning team without asking for more money.

However it happened it's a really great signing for Wolves and you guys will love watching him. Looks like you'll be challenging for honours next year.

Edit: Just read this quote from Zaire "When it comes down to it, I wanted to play for a team that has the potential to win, and I also had to do what was best for me and my family at the end of the day."

Sounds like he got offered more money so he took it, which is fair enough. Hope he has a great season but not too great!!
MSU's Anthony Downing signs with pro team in England ...

tagsgf.com › Basketballı

21 Jun 2013 - He signed with the Leicester City Riders Thursday....Anthony Downing jumpshot 211x300 MSUs Anthony Downing signs with pro team in ...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 01/08/13

Having just 'copied & pasted' the above from a google search, this US website appears to suggest that Downing had been signed with Riders since the middle of June (not announced here until mid July).

I would therefore suggest that that Riders put some sort of deadline (early June?) for last years squad to sign up or face being replaced. I guess Taylor held on to see what would come his way before deciding and Riders didn't wait around. This left Taylor with no route back to Riders so Wolves stepped in.

That's how I read it anyway!!

Steven McTowelie
Member Avatar
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
If we really signed Downing that early does it not make it more likely that he was simply preferred to Taylor? We didn't announce Couisnard until the start of July.

Taylor's a good player and the best PG we've had defensively for a while. And after the success we had last season I'd certainly have had him back. His stats really don't leap off the page though. Rob's track record signing PGs is pretty good (Minor, Blount, Rundles etc) so I'm confident Downing will deliver.

massiveridersfan
Member Avatar
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Let's hope Downing hasn't got Minor's major attitude!
:tsk
Edited by massiveridersfan, Aug 2 2013, 04:30 PM.

Steven McTowelie
Member Avatar
Sixth Man
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.leicesterriders.co.uk/news/paternostro-looking-forward-to-new-season/

We did want him back then, and he did choose Worcester over us. My feelings are hurt. Let's all boo when he's announced at the JSC on November 16.

massiveridersfan
Member Avatar
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gotta be ironic, right? Players have to do what's best for them, as Paternostro says.
:peace
Edited by massiveridersfan, Aug 12 2013, 01:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · BBL · Next Topic »
Add Reply