Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hot Topics on Whatsbev Games this weekend . . . . . Friday 24th October (all 7.30pm tip off) - Leeds Force 69 Vs Worcester Wolves 98 . . . London Lions 91 Vs Plymouth Raiders 63 . . . Newcastle Eagles 105 Vs Surrey United 78 . . . . . . . . Sunday 26th October - London Lions Vs Newcastle Eagles (4.00pm tip) . . . Durham Wildcats Vs Manchester Giants (4.00pm tip) . . . . Plymouth Raiders Vs Leeds Force (4.00pm tip) . . . Glasgow Rocks Vs Cheshire Phoenix (5.00pm tip) . . . Leicester Riders Vs Bristol Flyers (6.00pm tip) . . . . . . . . . . .
Welcome to What's Bev Got To Do With It?. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Great Britain v USA tickets July 2012
Topic Started: Dec 7 2011, 04:36 PM (9,624 Views)
GloryEagle
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anybody know when/where they go on sale?
Newcastle Eagles - The most succesful team in British Basketball history. 18 trophies and counting

We at the Eagles set our sights high, so very high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I wish I knew!
I've heard that this event is being organised by Manchester city council. No response from them though.

GloryEagle
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Surely with an event of this size we should hear something early in the new year...
Newcastle Eagles - The most succesful team in British Basketball history. 18 trophies and counting

We at the Eagles set our sights high, so very high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
announcement expected within the next couple of weeks.
Apparently the lockout delayed things.

Saintpat
Member Avatar
Basketball Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BIG NEWS from GB Basketball supporters club regarding tickets for this event should be announced soon.
If you were delaying joining the club, don't delay any longer!!!
"the celebrated and canonised scrivener, the formidable St Pat."

Sid23
Member Avatar
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Saintpat
Jan 11 2012, 06:05 PM
BIG NEWS from GB Basketball supporters club regarding tickets for this event should be announced soon.
If you were delaying joining the club, don't delay any longer!!!
Fantastic!

Della - I haven't sent my points total in yet, will I need to do that to stand a good chance of being able to take advantage of this announcement...?
http://twitter.com/matt_clear

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm just working on an email to members about the points system, you should have it soon.

I'll make an official announcement once I know more details. But the organisers have offered to hold an area for a limited period. Once the details are known I'll let everyone know.

Bonnie scotsman
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Della all sounds good. Gd to see the club progressing. May well be dusting my wallet off for you!!!

What dates the game again?

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Womens on Wed 18th July, mens on Thu 19th.

Good to see a few more people interested!

GloryEagle
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Della, to ensure tickets would you recommend I sign up to the supporters club?

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't know about 'ensure', I'm still not sure of the full details - waiting for the organisers to get back to me. But I'd say you stand a good chance, rather than the general sale (I don't think I'm overestimating the popularity - I expect it to be sold out very quickly). Plus with the supporters' club we'll all be sitting together, which imo is better than randomly booking seats.
I'm optimistic that they'll allocate us enough tickets for all members, and they haven't told me otherwise at the moment.

Reallyold feenix fan
Franchise Player
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bonnie scotsman
Jan 12 2012, 06:33 PM
Della all sounds good. Gd to see the club progressing. May well be dusting my wallet off for you!!!

What dates the game again?
A comment like that from a scotsman must indicate real progress for Della and the GB supporters club!!! :getouttahere :getouttahere

GloryEagle
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Della
Jan 19 2012, 11:08 PM
I don't know about 'ensure', I'm still not sure of the full details - waiting for the organisers to get back to me. But I'd say you stand a good chance, rather than the general sale (I don't think I'm overestimating the popularity - I expect it to be sold out very quickly). Plus with the supporters' club we'll all be sitting together, which imo is better than randomly booking seats.
I'm optimistic that they'll allocate us enough tickets for all members, and they haven't told me otherwise at the moment.
Keep us updated Della.

I'll be signing up when I get paid tomorrow.

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
whole message disappeared on me!!

Still waiting for details from the organisers. They've been a little quieter than I'd hoped. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Womens game tickets range from 13 to 250, mens from 25 upwards. I've asked for an allocation of 2nd lowest price tickets (18 womens, 39 mens). But I've also asked for prices for certain areas and have said we'll be happy with pretty much anywhere, as long as we're in there. I'd rather not have the worst seats, but from 25 for one game, when Olympic tickets are from 20 for 2 is pretty high, and I don't want to outprice anyone by asking for the good seats. The womens game should be a bit easier, but I wouldn't be paying 250 for a seat!
Edited by Della, Feb 2 2012, 11:23 AM.

hersey427
Basketball Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not many people will pay 250 for a women's game in this country. It's just not the same as seeing Kobe or LeBron
Read my Olympic blog here

Leopards - Division One league, play-off & National Cup winners 2012
Leopards - National Trophy winners 2013 - that'll complete the set

That was my idea

OMG
Rookie
[ * ]
Don't know when they go on sale but just had confirmation for the 2 tickets i won to the men's game in a competition!!! Kind of makes up for not getting a ticket to any of the sessions at the Olympics - i applied for every men's basketball session and got nowt. Is it too much to ask for court side seats??

Richyyy
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
hersey427
Feb 2 2012, 12:03 PM
I'm not many people will pay 250 for a women's game in this country. It's just not the same as seeing Kobe or LeBron
250 for a random international basketball friendly would be a nonsense for a women's game anywhere, regardless of country. I actually know who the players are, watch them and write about them, and I wouldn't pay much more than 30 for a ticket.

But then, the same organisers wildly overpriced the WNBA friendly last year as well, so it's hardly a surprise. Let's just hope the volume of tickets in each category is heavily weighted towards the cheaper end.

thirtythr33
Me gusta el baloncesto
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
those tickets aren't aimed at individuals though are they, they're aimed at companies to buy to give away to clients etc

not sure that changes much when it comes to the women's game, mind you!

GloryEagle
Member Avatar
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any more news?

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually heard from them yday. Presale offers are being sent to me when she's back in the office. Hopefully soon!

@MENbasketball
Member Avatar
Observer
[ *  * ]
USA v GB ticket news here
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/basketball/s/1486494_usa-olympic-basketball-dates-confirmed-for-manchester-arena
@MENbasketball http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/basketball/

sm11
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
wasnt there supposed to be some priority for those who brought tix to the WNBA last year, cant find any mention of it so far

Bonnie scotsman
Starter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any word on ticket costs? I am not sure it will be that hard to pick up tickets from ticketmaster when they go on dale there has been limited media coverage of the game so far. Will mean I will need half day Thursday and take Friday off probably.

Della
All-Star
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I heard that the cheapest ticket is 25 for the mens game.
Most expensive ticket apparently 250 in the womens game, so expect that to be more in the mens.

inaminute23
Franchise Player
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Men 32.00 - 230.00

Women - 16.00- 56.00
SUPPORT TEAM GB - NEXT STOP??????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · National Team & Olympic Basketball · Next Topic »
Add Reply