Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A challenge
Topic Started: Nov 22 2009, 09:08 PM (188 Views)
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Ok, not that I don't have plenty of characters, but I thought it would be cool to let you guys try to help me introduce a new character in my novel.
I'll also use this to update you a bit, I'm thinking I am right at the halfway point, almost up to 200 pages. I also have the overall idea for 3 sequels if the book sells well. The latter two probably being carried a huge part by pure fan service. (the main character will not be getting very much action; yet at the same time will be getting plenty of action. XP Yeah, fan service;
Spoiler: click to toggle
) Also another spoiler coming.

There is still a lot I can't reveal, stuff that is key to what makes it different from any other plot. It would be like the startrek guy blowing that his television script takes place in outerspace on a spaceship, everyone and their dog creates a pilot about a show that takes place in space and/or on a spaceship. (and judging by the first star trek, the copycats would likely be much better.) The other stuff would spoil major mysterys, that take away from the experience.
First some info, this guy i'm looking for ideas on will start as a villian, and probably die or drift into obscurity. If I really like your suggestions or how he plays out he may live and change. Heck, I introduced a character by name as a tool and she is becoming a main character and even has a love square ready for her.
(Let me just say, I should stop and write a diagram so I can remember all of love shapes. XD Yeah... Characters could very well be torn between like 5 other characters, who in turn are interested in 3 other characters. No, this is not a drama/romance first and foremost. It just worked out after I gave a single character a triangle. Then there was Kate, the tool who became a character.)
Anyway back on topic. Some of the villains have abilities, like something from a superhero movie, but they are not mutants, their abilities can be explained entirely by science(NOT comicbookmovie science). If you have an idea and I like it and use it, I'll give you credit for that character. No royalties or any monetary compensation, just credit. If you can explain their abilities by science cool, if not I probably could come up with something.
Basically if you want to try to take up this challenge, give a personality, abilities, appearance, backstory and whatever. I also reserve the right to alter portions of the character to make them fit better. Maybe even fuse two people's characters into one.

So yeah, if anybody cares to try their hand, go for it; if not just enjoy the beans i've let spill. :Welcome!/What zup?:
Edit: Here is how complex the love polygon is.
Edited by GameBoyPlayerAdvance, Nov 22 2009, 10:33 PM.
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I just uploaded the love polygon, so you can look at how insane it is.
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Chateau de Creation · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates