Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Should the Bible be copyrighted?
Topic Started: Oct 10 2009, 09:14 AM (276 Views)
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I was just thinking of how screwed up our legal system can get, and looked over at my "Cut every corner so each bible cost us uder 5 cents to make, so we can sell a blasphemous quality Bible for 15$" Bible. I was curious if the 'reprinters' were as wicked as I feared.
Yes, they are trying to copyright the Bible... According to their rules I can only quote 1000 verses over the course of my lifespan; And those 1000 verses can not make up more than half of any book of the Bible. They also require you type out a long paragraph giving the reprinters credit for the verse. No credit to God, just the reprinters.

A little later there is more info on it, and I think it might be looking up. They begin talking about some special rights they grant you if you are a church or witnessing. No, not a larger limit... Just the privilege of saying you got it from the New King James version. (cause that is what I, and most people have... If you are different version consider inputing the name of your version.)

So should the reprinters be able to copyright the Bible? Shouldn't that lie solely in God's hands?
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Wow... You're lying right? God wouldn't copyright it, instead when people change things in the Bible he D***s them to hell. (Book of Revelation)

This country is getting dumber by the minute, I can't wait until I move to Israel.

Really, the reprinters should not be allowed to do that, but this is the U.S.A. the land of legalistic, morons. Let them, then ignore their bull-crap copyrights. Really if you have an Awana program (or something similar) those books are copyrighted and have a lot of Bible verses in them. They have the 'right' to ignore the people trying to copyright the Bible since they already have rights to use it and anyone who purchases their books to use those verses as well.

Also, if they manage to, God would want us to ignore it. We are to obey the law up to a point. The point at which we should no longer obey it is when they do stuff to prevent our spreading the Gospel.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Dark Jinx
Oct 10 2009, 10:25 PM
Wow... You're lying right? God wouldn't copyright it, instead when people change things in the Bible he D***s them to hell. (Book of Revelation)

This country is getting dumber by the minute, I can't wait until I move to Israel.

Really, the reprinters should not be allowed to do that, but this is the U.S.A. the land of legalistic, morons. Let them, then ignore their bull-crap copyrights. Really if you have an Awana program (or something similar) those books are copyrighted and have a lot of Bible verses in them. They have the 'right' to ignore the people trying to copyright the Bible since they already have rights to use it and anyone who purchases their books to use those verses as well.

Also, if they manage to, God would want us to ignore it. We are to obey the law up to a point. The point at which we should no longer obey it is when they do stuff to prevent our spreading the Gospel.
No lie. The whole copyrighting should be up to God was an illustration that he has the complete rights since he authored it. BTW at least in my version it says he who adds to Revelation will be forced to endure all of the bad stuff in Revelation, and he who removes from Revelation will basically be damned... I don't take that it is a sin on the same level with blasphemy though. I'm not sure why, I just don't get that impression. Course it also says that applies only to the one who knows enough of Revelation and deliberately changes it anyway.

I can agree with books people have written that use quotes being copyrighted, but not the collection of just the verses. Really so many people reprint the Bible that they could never prove which reprinting of the Bible you copied from. I agree that revolting against that copyright would be fine and condoned by God in most cases. (Defying it for the sake of defying would not be a Christian thing to do.)
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Debate Place · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates