Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Immortality
Topic Started: Aug 1 2009, 08:51 AM (327 Views)
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
If someone offered you immortality on earth, no strings attached. What would you choose and why? If you would turn them down what else would they need to offer?
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
Honestly, yes I would. The first time someone asked me about that, I couldn't answer them at first. In fact, I was thinking about it for months. It's a very tough question to answer, but I think it would be great to be immortal. You would literally have all the time in the world to do whatever you want. The only thing that would suck would be that everyone you know would be dead within a few decades. :I dont no anything about that...:
Random quote: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch as the world wonders how you did it." - Unknown

Current obsessions -

Video games: Meh, actually at the moment I'm sort of out of video games. I'm going to try to start playing them more sometime soon, but as of now, I haven't been very much.

Books/Movies: I'm officially obsessed with Harry Potter again. Remind me why I ever stopped my fanboyish craze with it?

Music: Metric. They are quite possibly my new favorite band. :O

Internet memes: Joseph Decreux xD

Other: The phrase "halfway decent" which I seem to be saying a lot lately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Park main site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Yeah, I wouldn't want immortality unless I could select a few other people to also have immortality. When you fall in love it would be a nightmare to have your wife die, and then your next one die and so on. Probably I would want to also be able to give it to my girl, my best friend, probably his girl and my first born son, Seth. I couldn't make my best friend suffer the loss of everyone he loves, so his wife would also need to become immortal.
Without that it would turn into a curse after a while. After you fall in love several times and lose them you would consider it a curse. Then you are left having to commit suicide to pass on to be with them. I don't think I could kill myself in cold blood. :XD:
If you were immortal you could never be famous unless you could also shapeshift, because people would be like "Hey, that guy still looks like he is still 18 and he is 70!" Their great grandchildren would say, "This guy has lived for 300 years, he must be the Devil! KILL HIM!!!"
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mr. Psych
Member Avatar
Mushrom
Being immortal would be, as the MFZ puts it, an immortal curse. Living to see everyone you love and will ever love die and have to live through it would make you suicidal- OH WAIT. You can't die can you? You'd be living in hell on Earth.

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Mr. Psych
Aug 2 2009, 05:36 PM
Being immortal would be, as the MFZ puts it, an immortal curse. Living to see everyone you love and will ever love die and have to live through it would make you suicidal- OH WAIT. You can't die can you? You'd be living in hell on Earth.
Well if an immortal is invulnerable to physical harm, usually an immortal is the only thing that can harm them... So unless you are Ganondorf, (turn to stone rather than actually kicking it) Link, or Zelda (float as a spirity thing before reincarnating yourself), you or another immortal could stab you or break your neck and kill you. So if you got the stoning thing you can go into a kind of Stasis until some idiot pulls the sword out of your skull. If you got plain immortality you could theoretically commit suicide, if you have the guts to do it!
BTW you see how when you said immortal it became a link? You can click it and see the article on immortality...
Kind of like when I post Kappa here it goes there. Try typing different things to see if you get a link. If you don't get one on something you think you should and know a lot about it. You can go Here and post an article about it. Be sure to refer to This topic to learn how to make a proper article.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Mr. Psych
Exactly.

It depends, would I still be allowed eternal life in heaven after the universe is destroyed? If not then I would reject it flat out, but I believe I would accept it if God was still allowing me to go to heaven.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Mormogiel
Aug 2 2009, 09:11 PM
Mr. Psych
Exactly.

It depends, would I still be allowed eternal life in heaven after the universe is destroyed? If not then I would reject it flat out, but I believe I would accept it if God was still allowing me to go to heaven.
Well... when the universe is torn to shreds nothing will survive regardless, so... yeah, when you reach the edge of time your body would not be able to support itself outside of space, I think... Or is space something that just kind of exists alongside or as part of God? This stuff gets confusing very easily. Besides as long as you believed and never blasphemed the HS he would be breaking his promise if he rejected you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Aug 2 2009, 09:35 PM
Mormogiel
Aug 2 2009, 09:11 PM
Mr. Psych
Exactly.

Well... when the universe is torn to shreds nothing will survive regardless, so... yeah, when you reach the edge of time your body would not be able to support itself outside of space, I think... Or is space something that just kind of exists alongside or as part of God? This stuff gets confusing very easily. Besides as long as you believed and never blasphemed the HS he would be breaking his promise if he rejected you.
That is true, but does this immortality include staying young? Or do I continue aging until I am absolutely capable of nothing, I would rather die than have that to look foward to until the end of time.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Like I told Mr. Psych, there is an article on immortals, they almost always stay the age they get immortality at or stop aging during their twenties. So you would either never age or turn 27 and stay that way forever. But, you know I wonder if in heaven we stay the same age as when we died or if we are all in like 27 yearold bodies, you know right before aging begins to make us wrinkly, sore and ugly. Or maybe the whole new body will be like taking major liberties and we will be flying octopuses or something. I'd say it probably wouldn't be too different since Jesus had a humanoid body when he returned.

Edit: Wait how did this turn to religious topics. :Who would have guessed?:
Edited by GameBoyPlayerAdvance, Aug 2 2009, 10:27 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Time ceases when we are in heaven. There is no night or day, the light we have will be from God. Also we won't have human bodies, they are imperfect, but yeah how did it? Since immortality is often in religion.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Debate Place · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates