Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some things I'm working on.
Topic Started: Jul 24 2009, 04:19 PM (370 Views)
thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
I'm working on some things for Nintendo Park that will be the biggest updates so far. I'm creating a major index-style page, a guide that could be very useful to viewers, and redesigning what is already a major part of the website. First I will finish the summer theme, and then I'll start working on these things:

Ourba - I'm updating the Ourba Pokemon region I created long ago. After some criticism from Maxi, (who is Mr. Psych here at NRPM,) I have to say I agree that the layout of the region is much too generic. So I'm redesigning it, and I'm also going to work on naming the cities and towns, and adding other information. Hopefully soon, work can begin on the Fakedex.

Suggested Evolution Levels - I haven't decided on a better name yet, but the idea is, I do some research on every single evolution line in Pokemon and give my two cents on when I think each Pokemon should evolve, based on the 4th generation National Pokedex, and explain why it's a good idea to evolve at that time.

Scribbledex - Scribbledex may be the most complicated thing Nintendo Park will ever do. It's a little ambitious, but I think it's a good idea. Basically, we're going to index every single item that can be used in Scribblenauts, and all of their properties and effects on other items. We will start as soon as the game comes out, and even after we think we've indexed everything, we'll keep adding on as we discover new effects. We'll try to make it as thorough as possible, but Scribblenauts seems so full of items, I'm sure we'll be working on it for years to come.

I'm not going to link to them at the main site or even update at the main site announcing them (except maybe the Ourba redesign) until I've gotten a good amount of response in this topic, and gotten a sizable chuck of them done.
Random quote: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch as the world wonders how you did it." - Unknown

Current obsessions -

Video games: Meh, actually at the moment I'm sort of out of video games. I'm going to try to start playing them more sometime soon, but as of now, I haven't been very much.

Books/Movies: I'm officially obsessed with Harry Potter again. Remind me why I ever stopped my fanboyish craze with it?

Music: Metric. They are quite possibly my new favorite band. :O

Internet memes: Joseph Decreux xD

Other: The phrase "halfway decent" which I seem to be saying a lot lately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Park main site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
On the Poke-mon wouldn't you want to class change(evolve) at the highest level you can reach in your current form? Or is the evolution nothing like class changing in FireEmblem and you get no bonus for hard work and great strategy?
Scribledex... try ROFLCOPTER! I would laugh so hard if a RoflCopter appeared and gunned everything down.
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Jul 24 2009, 08:22 PM
On the Poke-mon wouldn't you want to class change(evolve) at the highest level you can reach in your current form? Or is the evolution nothing like class changing in FireEmblem and you get no bonus for hard work and great strategy?
Scribledex... try ROFLCOPTER! I would laugh so hard if a RoflCopter appeared and gunned everything down.
Apparently, it's nothing like class changing in Fire Emblem. :XD:

In Pokemon, there are evolution lines for different Pokemon. For example, the basic stage is Mudkip, which evolves into Marshtomp, which evolves into Swampert. Most Pokemon evolve after you raise them to a certain level. (Mudkip can evolve into Marshtomp starting at level 16.) Sometimes they'll evolve using items or by other ways. If a Pokemon evolves by level-up, you can stop it from evolving, which is wise in some cases, because a Pokemon will often learn useful moves much earlier in more basic forms. What I will do is tell when I suggest to evolve each Pokemon so you can learn the best moves in a decent amount of time. You get rewarded for your strategy of when you evolve. You can get to the maximum level possible in any form, but many people just have their Pokemon evolve as soon as possible just so they'll be more powerful, which I view as poor strategy.

TL;DR version: Pokemon evolution and Fire Emblem class changing are nothing alike.

Thanks to you, ROFLCOPTER will be the first thing I try when I get Scribblenauts. xD
Random quote: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch as the world wonders how you did it." - Unknown

Current obsessions -

Video games: Meh, actually at the moment I'm sort of out of video games. I'm going to try to start playing them more sometime soon, but as of now, I haven't been very much.

Books/Movies: I'm officially obsessed with Harry Potter again. Remind me why I ever stopped my fanboyish craze with it?

Nintendo Park main site

NinDude38
No Avatar
Kong
If you need any help with this, TNG (Haven't called you that in a while...) Just call! ;)
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
Well I just got Scribblenauts, and I have two important announcements:

1. "Roflcopter" actually does work. If you type it, a helicopter appears.

2. I will begin compiling the Scribbledex over the next few days. Hopefully I'll get enough entries by the end of this weekend to put it up on the site.

Current obsessions -

Nintendo Park main site

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Is it just a helicopter or a real roflcopter? (If you want my most unlikely one, that in all honesty would be a fair word for it to have. Try Mu or Muian or Murian, then try atlantean and if they got atlantean, but no Mu(r)ian I'll be annoyed.)
Ok, here is the supposed list of every word, so all you have to do is input them and find out what they do.
http://rush68.net/u/files/scribfull.txt
Edited by GameBoyPlayerAdvance, Sep 16 2009, 10:43 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
Is "MU" supposed to summon a small garlic-like object? =/

And thanks for linking to that list, I'll put it to use.

Current obsessions -

Nintendo Park main site

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
You don't know about Mu!? (pronounced "Moo" Yes, like a cow.) It was the 6th or 7th continent in the American system. (depending on what school of thought you come from.) Likely being relatively flat and low, comparitively with other continents. Also probably linking eurasia/austrailia to N/S America. Then by some means it disappeared, popular theories are that it, for the most part fell into the sea/was a little parabolic in land and flooded after a massive flood, Noah style. Or was subject to a major impact/quake which allowed it to be flooded.
If you ever look at a map of the world, see if you notice anything strange in the pacific, like a huge gap between continents in the mid to southern hemisphere littered with zillions of islands, in shallow shoresque waters... A lot of people don't believe, though. There are people who you will never unconvince, and then there are people like me who think it is possible and there is a lot of intriguing evidence, but wouldn't say they believe. Most people consider Mu(r)ians to have been an advanced society. The legend of Mu has been the inspiration for much of the legends of other "disappeared" places like Atlantis, and Lemuria. (The latter judging by the name would likely have been a city or nation on Mu. Atlantis could have also existed as a Mu(r)ian port city.
Posted Image
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
I know the basic gist, and that's why I was confused when some root-like thing showed up when I typed it in.

Current obsessions -

Nintendo Park main site

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I don't know what the root could be unless it is the Mu symbol.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nintendo Park Ranger Headquarters · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates