Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nintendo making talk of a new Smash Bros.!; MegaMan nad Geno are in!
Topic Started: Jul 2 2009, 03:47 PM (1,074 Views)
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
This comes from Nintendo's Official LaytonTwitter.

Quote:

I received an invitation this morning to something called the "Grand Smash Brothers Tournament". Does anyone know anything about it?
Why on earth do I need a weapon to go and attend this tournament? All I have is my fencing sword and my wit!
All this talk of fighting tournaments, electric rats and pink puffballs reminds me of a riddle: When is it bad luck to meet a white cat?
(the answer was electric rat, but it has nothing to do with SmashBros... or does it...)
I'm on my way to the "Grand Smash Tournament" now! Wish me luck! Though, I am not exactly sure what I am going to be doing...
This is nothing like what I expected! I was told to FIGHT a blue robot boy, a possessed doll, and a tiny boxer! I'm leaving at once!
I could've used my wit to be a hero @mattmagician? No. A gentleman never starts a fight nor do they attack unprovoked. It's uncivilized.
I've arrived home safe and sound. Now all I need is a good long rest. I'll have more riddles for you all tomorrow. Sleep well students!
(then today after the talk of Smash ended for a while...)
Well @ApprenticeLuke, it was a barbaric tournament of strength that I should like no part in. No intellect was needed in order to compete.

Yes... He just confirmed, if Nintendo is not composed entirely of cruel bas****s, MegaMan and Geno along with a mysterious tiny boxer. (Maybe a reference to the oddly tiny Little Mac Assist, but I doubt it. That one has to be a real riddle, perhaps the Kirby boxer or another boxer, one who is tiny.)

There is a chance that the people at Nintendo have no souls, but I am hoping... I am hoping this is real and Sakurai makes good on his promise to not do another smash bros. (what next a new mode Mr. Sakurai's day to day diary? How to make Sakurai grandfather's secret special curry. The entire Phonebook for (insert name of city). And the inclusion alongside tripping, muscle cramps (You go to punch or do anything and instead your character falls on the floor writhing, leaving you open for 15 seconds and costing you the match.))

Interesting notes:
Remains of Geno(among other characters including Mewtwo) and his music remain hidden within brawl.
MegaMan, I think was #1 on wanted lists in japan and also incredibly high if not #1 in America(excluding Geno on the lists because he made it and then was removed. I don't know if the inclusion of Geno would change MegaMan's ranking at all though. I think I heard in both countries they were around the same spots.)).
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Meh, if they make another Smash Brothers I demand they put Jenna and Felix in it. wiggitywack
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
No Isaac... and... what was the name of the yellowhaired kid? I named him something else.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Ivan, but he wasn't as main a character (out of the 8 he was less focused on than others, 'cept maybe Mia,) really if they put GS cast in, it would probably be Isaac and Felix, with a possibility of Jenna being in there.
Edited by Dark Jinx, Jul 21 2009, 09:18 PM.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I liked Ivan though. I didn't like Garrit or the blond girl, Felix was meh after his identity was revealed... (Not that anyone had any doubts.)
I want to see another f-zero character now, and maybe a starfox character that isn't just another Fox costume. We need something CustomRobo too... I also want Wario to get his signature body slam move, seriously Wario didn't feel like any thought was put into him. Oh and (human)Vaati better be in! Uniracer and Nintendog(puppy) would also make me happy. They should make Hudson license BomberMan too. Put the insinuated characters in too and I'd be fairly happy.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
:Who would have guessed?:

They should ditch a few Pokemon characters, there were way to many in the last one if you include the Pokemon Trainer (which I do.) They should ditch Falco as well, he kinda sucked in Brawl, but still keep Wolf. Sonic was lame, Snake rocked though. Lucas was pointless, he was way to cheap, and yet he was fast and had great jump despite his power, but the thing was he didn't count as a super tiny, just a small. Toon Link was cool, but what they need to do is add Wolf Link as Link's V B and give him some magic powers and leave the items to Toon Link. Though Ganondorf's style was changed quite a bit, they still gave him the same B moves as Captain Falcon. Diddy Kong was a smart move, but I don't think they should add any other Dk characters. Zero Suit Samus was a great instalation and should be kept in there, just not as a final smash move or as a preselect, make that one a V B too.

I'm not finished with this post, I have something to do so I'm posting it now.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Yeah, pokemon has the largest share unless you lump Yoshi, Wario and maybe Donkey Kong into Mario. And they got rid of Mewtwo who was kinda hard to play as, but. Pichu made no sense he was the underestimated beast of Melee. In a master's hands no one could touch him without incredible luck.
IMO Snake was terrible and not just because as a character few have heard or cared about him. I felt like I had to stop, and think about what all of his moves would end up doing because he felt so unnatural.
I liked Lucas once I figured out he was the cheap character of the game. (Roy was the one in Melee... I think... It could have been Pichu, and I was just the greatest Roy player ever.) Lucas is great for trying to beat any Intense challenge in Brawl.
I don't agree with making any character's Down B a transform. They should have several buttons you hold to transform, like hold A, B and Y simultanously. Gannon needs to stop being a clone unless he is going to use some of those moves on Link. (and his Up B better never occur in a Zelda game, his others may be passable, but not Up B.
What about Dixey Kong or Cranky or... K. Rool. I could see Funky if he was based on his DK64 form, maybe he could have styles to change to and be like Samus.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
(I'm just going to continue the post in this one, because nobody reads edits. =P just kidding)

Yeah, Ganon needs some serious work. The thing with the DK series is they aren't as popular so people don't know the characters as well. I think the V B makes a great transform, or else you have a character that has way to many moves, whereas with the V B you still get a couple extra moves, but not as many and you still have use of the alternate karate. I loved taking Pichu in Melee, in my Pichu prime he was made fun to use, Roy was pretty beast, but Link was the real cheap thing, in Brawl they realized he was to cheap in the previous one so they dumbed him down to much. Toon Link was the real Zelda power in Brawl. I thought Snake was hard to use, but he was fun because he was different from a lot of characters (remote bombs rock though, particularly when you put them on someone's head.) Ike, the cheap powerhouse, was still reasonable, and was a suitable replacement for Roy, but he still has his weaknesses, especially against Zero Suit Samus. I don't really use the Mario characters that much, maybe Peach and Bowser every now and again, but Bowser's real prime was in Melee. Zelda and Sheik were just messed up in Brawl, in Melee they were good, but now they kind of suck.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I never found Link to be cheap in any game. This is coming from the guy who tried to main Link, but failed miserably. :Who would have guessed?: Well maybe miserably is inaccurate, I got pretty good with Link, but Roy and a few others were ones that felt natural and were my strongest characters.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
I did find Roy to be cheap, but Link (who was my main) was incredibly cheap compared to him.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Smash Bros. · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates