Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peta unhappy with Obama; LOL!
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 06:26 PM (467 Views)
Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Jun 20 2009, 09:29 PM
Technically an insect is an animal... still insects have shown no proof to be self aware, actually they demonstrate remarkable proof to be nothing more than blind instinct. So therefore a insect doesn't know, neither cares if he is alive. Now dogs have shown self-awareness so they do know they and others are alive and can and will die.

$5 someone takes this into a what constitutes having a soul debate.
Humans are the only self aware animals, oh no, other animals can have personalities, but they are not on the same scale as humans. Despite how intelligent dogs (or other animals) may seem, in the end instinct drives them. Now some have more domesticated instincts, dogs being at the top of that list, but in the end they do not have control over themselves and their minds. This is one thing that separates humans from all other animals... That and we can go to heaven or hell...

Is that a true story about the fly?

PS: Hah! I didn't mention souls until just now! =P
Edited by Dark Jinx, Jun 26 2009, 01:28 PM.
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Jun 26 2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:

$5 someone takes this into a what constitutes having a soul debate.

I so called that!

If no animals are self-aware how do you explain people documenting elephants(and some dogs) recognizing when they see a mirror it is a reflection of themselves? How do you explain them capable of using tools and using reasoning to solve problems. I'm not saying I think animals have a soul anything close to a person, but I find it absurd to believe they don't have some sort of soul.
That is different, that is merely existing, which they are aware of existing, when I say self aware I mean being aware of oneself as more than just something there that needs to live... When an animal sees itself in the mirror, it can recognize something is there, but it doesn't mean that it knows that that is itself... Take my cat for example, he is very intelligent as far as cats go, (he knows what door knobs are and what they do) but he doesn't react at all when put in front of a mirror, no recognition whatsoever... Also a lot of times when a dog sees itself in the mirror, it will bark at the mirror, the same thing goes when they see other dogs on tv. The dog recognizes the image as another dog, not as itself. Why do you think they chase their tails? Though I'm not sure about that one, but I'm going to throw this theory in, because they don't know it as part of themself until they catch, even though they are aware they have tails, they don't recognize the tail they are chasing as their own. Snakes also have been to known to bite their own tails, the same theory I said about the dogs could be applied here. This is another very key thing that separates humans from the rest of God's creation. I have more to say, but I'm going to shut up now because this is way to off topic...

Back to my real question... Is that a true story?
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Debate Place · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates