Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GUITAR. HERO. 5.
Topic Started: Jun 16 2009, 11:54 AM (229 Views)
thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
Not like this is a big, surprise or anything, but I'm still excited. Every single band that will be in the game has been announced. And there are some really good ones here. First, the confirmed songs so far:

"Judith" - A Perfect Circle
"Brainstorm" - Arctic Monkeys
"You and Me" - Attack! Attack!
"The Rock Show" - blink-182
"All Along the Watchtower" - Bob Dylan
"Done With Everything, Die for Nothing" - Children of Bodom
"Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" - Elton John
"Disconnected" - Face to Face
"2 Minutes to Midnight" - Iron Maiden
"Ring of Fire" - Johnny Cash
"21st Century Schizoid Man" - King Crimson
"Sex on Fire" - Kings of Leon
"Mirror People" - Love and Rockets
"Bring tha Noise" - Public Enemy feat. Zakk Wylde
"Under Pressure" - Queen & David Bowie
"No One to Depend On (Live)" - Santana
"Superstition" - Stevie Wonder
"Six Days a Week" - The Bronx
"Send a Little Love Token" - The Duke Spirit
"All the Pretty Faces" - The Killers
"Sympathy for the Devil" - The Rolling Stones
"Blue Orchid" - The White Stripes
"Runnin' Down a Dream" - Tom Petty
"Wolf Like Me" - TV on the Radio
"A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend
"Back Round" - Wolfmother

And undisclosed songs by the following bands:

3 Doors Down
AFI

Band of Horses
Beastie Boys
Beck
Billy Idol
Billy Squier
Blur
Bon Jovi

Brand New
Bush
Coldplay
Darker My Love
Darkest Hour
Deep Purple
Dire Straits
Duran Duran
Eagles of Death Metal
Elliot Smith
Garbage
Gorillaz
Gov't Mule
Grand Funk Railroad
Iggy Pop
Jeff Beck
Jimmy Eat World
John Mellencamp
Kaiser Chiefs
KISS
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Muse
My Morning Jacket
Nirvana
No Doubt
Peter Frampton
Queens of the Stone Age
Rammstein
Rose Hill Drive
Rush
Scars on Broadway
Screaming Trees
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Spacehog
Sublime
Sunny Day Real Estate
T. Rex
The Derek Trucks Band
The Police
The Racontuers
The Sword
Thin Lizzy
Thrice
Weezer
Wild Cherry

The ones in bold, I am very excited for. The ones bolded and italicized, I am extremely excited for. Only two bands on this list are both bolded and italicized. They are Coldplay and Muse. Oh, and speaking of Muse, probably the greatest rumor in all of the Guitar Hero franchise has taken place in this game:

One of the playable characters in this game may be Matt Bellamy from Muse. Which means that we will probably be facing him in a Guitar Battle, too. This. Is freaking amazing.
Random quote: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch as the world wonders how you did it." - Unknown

Current obsessions -

Video games: Meh, actually at the moment I'm sort of out of video games. I'm going to try to start playing them more sometime soon, but as of now, I haven't been very much.

Books/Movies: I'm officially obsessed with Harry Potter again. Remind me why I ever stopped my fanboyish craze with it?

Music: Metric. They are quite possibly my new favorite band. :O

Internet memes: Joseph Decreux xD

Other: The phrase "halfway decent" which I seem to be saying a lot lately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Park main site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Wouldn't it be a vocal battle?
I'm actually not sure if I'll get another guitar hero, I've kind of been spoiled by rockband. Depending on the Muse song could make up my mind though. If it is Hysteria I'll LOL at them, because rockband2 already has that song.
Thrice could make it a little interesting, just like Kutless being in RB2(having one of the most awesome songs as well :D) made it interesting.
I'll bet you 50$ the Dire Straits song is "Money for nothing."
I'll also bet most of the unnamed songs will end up being RB2 DLC. (partially because some of those bands have like 3 famous songs the only one not on a GH is on RB as DLC.)
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Jun 16 2009, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't it be a vocal battle?
I'm actually not sure if I'll get another guitar hero, I've kind of been spoiled by rockband. Depending on the Muse song could make up my mind though. If it is Hysteria I'll LOL at them, because rockband2 already has that song.
Thrice could make it a little interesting, just like Kutless being in RB2(having one of the most awesome songs as well :D) made it interesting.
I'll bet you 50$ the Dire Straits song is "Money for nothing."
I'll also bet most of the unnamed songs will end up being RB2 DLC. (partially because some of those bands have like 3 famous songs the only one not on a GH is on RB as DLC.)
Naw, Matt plays guitar, too. He wouldn't be the first playable guitarist to also be a vocalist.

Yeah, I would facepalm them if they put in Hysteria. Hopefully they'll realize that they've been beaten to it, and put a different one in. The next one will probably be Plug In Baby or maybe New Born. But honestly, why don't they just drop all their plans and start making Guitar Hero Muse? Honestly, that would be a great game, and Muse have enough worthy songs.

I've never heard any songs by Thrice. :Who would have guessed?:

Yes, the Dire Straits song will probably be Money for Nothing. And I'd bet you a bazillion dollars that the Blur song will be "Song 2".

I would comment on that last part, but for the most part, I would just be repeating what you said. wiggitywack

Also, I have no clue what the Nirvana song could possibly be. I'm going to guess either "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "Come as You Are", because those are their two most popular songs, and I think they've put every song by Nirvana into a music game except them.
Random quote: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch as the world wonders how you did it." - Unknown

Current obsessions -

Video games: Meh, actually at the moment I'm sort of out of video games. I'm going to try to start playing them more sometime soon, but as of now, I haven't been very much.

Books/Movies: I'm officially obsessed with Harry Potter again. Remind me why I ever stopped my fanboyish craze with it?

Nintendo Park main site

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I heard like one thrice song when one of my classmates presented it. The way RockBand is doing the beatles, I'm kinda hoping that we see RockBand:Muse rather than GH:Muse.
If GH did Muse I bet that Newborn would be the credits song because of how freaking long it is.
I like GH:Aerosmith just because the non-aerosmith songs were great. However, they passed on many of aerosmith's best songs. If it had been RB:Aerosmith all of their songs would have eventually been open to download. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see RB go down the GH road and release a new band game every 4-6 months. Although RockBand games seem to be a lot higher quality and are more likely to justify paying a full $50 for a game with fewer songs than usual. Except for the fact RockBand doesn't give 63.7 less songs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

BurningNinja
No Avatar
Kong
I am honestly not too excited. Good bands, but the song choices will probably be songs already in RB.

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Jun 16 2009, 03:33 PM
I heard like one thrice song when one of my classmates presented it. The way RockBand is doing the beatles, I'm kinda hoping that we see RockBand:Muse rather than GH:Muse.
If GH did Muse I bet that Newborn would be the credits song because of how freaking long it is.
I like GH:Aerosmith just because the non-aerosmith songs were great. However, they passed on many of aerosmith's best songs. If it had been RB:Aerosmith all of their songs would have eventually been open to download. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see RB go down the GH road and release a new band game every 4-6 months. Although RockBand games seem to be a lot higher quality and are more likely to justify paying a full $50 for a game with fewer songs than usual. Except for the fact RockBand doesn't give 63.7 less songs.
The credits song would probably be Citizen Erased. They would probably cut the first minute-and-a-half out of New Born, and then it would only be 4.5 minutes long. Citizen Erased is their longest song yet, at 7 minutes and 19 seconds.

The other band I'm really excited about is Coldplay. I'm really hoping that the Coldplay song is "In My Place". It's one of my favorite Coldplay songs, and I think it's worthy of being in a GH game.

And I like GH better than RB for some reason. Dunno why.

Current obsessions -

Nintendo Park main site

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
GH has by far better graphics, the thing I really didn't like about GH4 was some of their horrible song selections now that they have a band(Willy Nelson, La Bamba, RamblinMan, sweet home alabama, american woman(RamblinMan, sweethome alabama, and american woman are novelty songs pure and simple. It is for those times when you get your uptight friend drunk, you can get him to cave and sing one of them. If you play seriously those are the songs you can stand to hear maybe once in a while, but not over and over)). Judging from the artists for this they are going to do it again. Bizarrely though, they filled GH4 with tons of foreign songs, which alienates pretty much anybody from singing them. (considering the lyrics are in another language and are illegible except on an oversized big screen TV(I smell Sony/other Tv manufacturer paid them a lot to make it microscopic)) GH4 also disappointed when they made all DLC only playable in quickplay.
Edited by GameBoyPlayerAdvance, Jun 16 2009, 08:14 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

TehDark
Member Avatar
Mushrom
I only have Rockband 1 and GH3 for my Wii. :He did what?!: ..but most likely I'll get this.... It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :XD:
Posted Image

thatnewguy
Member Avatar
F-Zero Pilot
Alright, it came out, but I think I'll just rent it this weekend. Looks like it's awesome. =D

Current obsessions -

Nintendo Park main site

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guitar Hero and Rockband · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates