Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brawl; 3rd time the charm?
Topic Started: Jul 11 2008, 11:34 AM (175 Views)
GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
I'll divide this review into parts from the get go, it is too massive.

Graphix: 3/10
If you look at most of the characters you can see major improvements from Melee, some characters like Kirby, Jiggly or Pika though have a limit to how they can be improved and were at their peak in one of the two preceding games. The Stages look very nice too. I know now your going how can it get a 3? I'll tell you, the camera can be a pain on large stages particularly ones with contrast you could be sentenced to death for, like "NewPorkCity". I sort of glossed on it's other major flaw, the contrast is too low and so many of the items are so small that the low contrast makes them hard to make out, if you have to turn off Deku nuts, franklin badges and screwattacks just because you can't tell them apart it's like they never existed. Characters also often blend in as well.

Sound: 7/10
With all of the Cds this is probably the games only time it shines.

Gameplay: 3/10
I often run into problems where for some strange reason my attacks don't strike even though if you pause there is clearly major clipping going on, this is a small dock. They also include random tripping which only happens when it will cost you a match. There also are a ton of useless moves, moves that do no damage and don't really have a use unless it is ultra cheap(Ie Rob's up B, Pits up B). I much rather would have seen them handled like kirby and have a decent move. The dragoon is really cheap and the FSs are very unbalanced.
Dk and Dedede have a nearly useless FS.
Ice Climbers and Jiggly have a Useless FS on large stages. (Jiggly is even worse off cause his does no damage)
Wario's in weaker than it should be and lasts about 3 seconds long, not fast enough to even use it.
Then we have Sonic who has a long lasting, Godly powered, impossible to run from FS. (Oh yeah sonic only has 3 special moves, His down B is the same as his side B only harder to use.)

Multiplayer: 5/10
Online adds a nice touch, but you can't even play custom stages you have sent to your friends.

Replayability: 7/10
if your a collectionist you'll have plenty if not....

Final 5/10
Get it if you feel you can look past the flaws Sakurai's insolence.
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Review · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates