Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here at NRPM we are always excited to welcome new people, sadly we cannot allow guests to take part in more than reading certain pre-sanctioned topics. If you would like to take part in reading our VideoGame encyclopedia, Entering tournaments, Taking challenges to wring your games of every last minute of play, having fun and much more; a membership to NRPM is the only answer.
Registration is Fast, Easy and Satisfying.

With ZB many new cool things will be coming, the only way to make sure your getting treated to the best of the best and your on top of what is cool is with a membership!

Join NRPM Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of the bonuses of being a member!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Post: Different Style Zelda.
Topic Started: Jul 9 2008, 09:47 PM (551 Views)
Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
I was reading an article (note this article may be false, it is about an alleged interview with Eiji Anouma who made what is considered the best Zelda games namely Ocarina, Majora, Wind Waker, and Twlight Princess *Well he wasn't the lead maker with Ocarina*) apparently they may be making Zelda a little more like (it's horrible) Final Fantasy, mixing almost modern day stuff with medieval time weapons along with the magic. However, I won't know that this rumor is absolutely true until next week... Six days to be precise... watery_eyes watery_eyes watery_eyes
Posted Image
Wii Profile Quote Post Go to Top

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
Actually (I forgot to say this earlier) some of the stuff they said did seem pretty cool, but the majority of it I was apposed too.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
What I heard was that TP was the last zelda game of it's type.
My Ninja Rp, join it please!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
According to the interview you probably are right, they said this one will be massive (much larger than TP,) but it will be even darker as well, you won't play as Link. You'll be a Link wannabe somebody who has heard about Link and is obsessed with what he does so much so that when the kingdom is in danger they take upon themselves to do the Link thing. That part is all right, also the next part is cool too, they will be explaining the flooding in Wind Waker, like halfway through the game Hyrule will start to flood and keep flooding until it's covered in water (meaning you can't wander aimlessly around Hyrule field.) Your goal is to fight Ganondorf (yeah he is still the villain) while trying to save people from the flood. So far the concept is cool until they introduce the steam engine, Link can now travel by train as well as horse (yeah he still has a horse.) We may see a musket like thing that shoots gun-powder deku nuts instead of the normal bow and arrows now.
Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
Link wannabe? That sounds awful, Link is the star, it isn't a Zelda game without him. (Maybe if the wannabe is Tingle or a tinglesque character. That or a Vaati like guy.)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
No, it's just some dude that wants to be Link, now like I said this is all just hearsay, none of this is confirmed. If it is true it will be confirmed Tuesday or a few days after that during E3. It's probably a fake since some of this stuff is very FF like.
Posted Image

mavrikgames
Member Avatar
Hows 00000
From what I've read so far this sounds like a better approch to LOZ cause the whole "save zelda" thing is getting old. Maybe cause I'm not a big zelda fan but, the ideas seem great to me. I mean ff is one of the best rpgs ever so it'd be in their best interest I guess.
Posted Image

Dark Jinx
Member Avatar
Game & Watch
I am glad to say that this particular rumor is fake.

I agree with the save Zelda part, but not the FF part. FF is considered one of the greatest rpgs, but as far as gameplay goes only III and XII are any good, the turn base in FF most of the time sucks, the only reason III was any good because you could change your character classes, therefore making the game much more customizable, XII was good because you played in real time, the battles were similar to KH (which is very fun.) Also XII had a much better story than the rest. Zelda has a good story most of the time, and the game play is terrific (at least in the 3-D ones, and many of the 2-D ones.) It does need something new, but not FF new, maybe if they made Zelda like fable it would be a lot better at least if they made it like Fable in some aspects while retaining a E-T rating Zelda is after supposed to be a kids game.

Posted Image

GameBoyPlayerAdvance
Member Avatar
The ninja admin
[ * ]
They need to make zelda more epic take farther leaps of faith into links new ability, I mean a wolf? Majora's mask had better abilities, it's getting sort of old(The zelda transformations) and to make it be just one transformation... (I don't count armors because they were just so you could swim etc.) I also think they need to take more risks on items and bring back the co-op of WW.

By the way could some of you check the coffee table?
Posted Image
Posted Image

mavrikgames
Member Avatar
Hows 00000
Ulmo @ - Thing is the story is quite old and makes no sense. I hate the Zelda story I really do. First of all your a 8 year old going to save a Princess who's been kidnapped 1000 times. I think what they should do is sorta change the genre and make it like God of War. It'd be nice if they'd make it a mature game.

GBPA@ - I was gonna say add co-op too but, in wii version too and maybe make the game online or something
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Great Land Of Hyrule · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Webfiliates
Affiliates