Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
TV Coverage
Topic Started: Mar 7 2006, 07:02 AM (1,003 Views)
ktmom
Member Avatar
Principal
Channel 2 just did a live spot from Hull Elementary. They said parents are going to court to stop school closures. Who are they talking to???? That is not it at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Lisa
Member Avatar
Principal
Please e-mail channel 2 and let them know the real deal!
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
professionalmom
Principal
Heard Steve Futrell talking to Guy Gordon this morning on channel 4. Nice job! Got the point across that there were three options and the option the BOE chose was to not only close schools but to disrupt grade configurations for only 1% of the budget.

Ahhh! The message is getting out there.....
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Lisa
Member Avatar
Principal
That is WONDERFUL...someone is listening to the details! Made my morning!
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
klezy99
Principal
Channel 2 news Al Allen just did a spot at Hull elementary,, Oh my gosh, the same thing,,All about 7 schools closing, and the hearing 3/10,,, Nothing about the MEGA 5/6 schools, attendance boundary changes, which is huge,,, and way more bussing, I could not believe it...
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
c3hull
Member Avatar
Principal

Yes FOX 2 NEWS was at Hull Elementary this morning. Mark Wojcik was interviewed. When asked if he thought the LI was a good plan he said, "NO, I can't understand closing 23% of schools closing to save around 1% of the budget. Nearly doubling the bussing without a formal traffic study being conducted."

The he as asked if "anything" was solved last night? He replied, "No, we are allowed to speak but get NO answers." How true that is!

Then Mark was asked if he was going downtown of Friday for court. He said, "Yes he would be there!". Then he was asked are there a lot of upset parents regarding the LI and he told them, "Yes, the overwhelming majority is very upset about this!"
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
anothermom
Principal
Speaking of media coverage, did anyone get a chance to review the editorial in today's Detroit News. I guess the info is getting out.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
49chevy
Member Avatar
Answers questioned
I e-mailed Fox 2. They said they would correct and air a report at 11 tonight.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
for our kids
Principal
anothermom
Mar 7 2006, 10:27 AM
Speaking of media coverage, did anyone get a chance to review the editorial in today's Detroit News. I guess the info is getting out.

I don't get the Detroit News, can you post the editorial??
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
anothermom
Principal
for our kids
Mar 7 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't get the Detroit News, can you post the editorial??

It is posted in the 3/7/06 Newspapers thread.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
anothermom
Principal
Grant1
Mar 7 2006, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't feel comfortable posting something that appears to be written by the LPS administration and the BOE's own hands.

This is an EDITORIAL written by the Detroit News staff, not a letter to the editor. We don't need to agree with the stand editorial boards take, but dismissing it by suggesting that it was written by the admin or BOE is a bit out there.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
2boys
Principal
I wouldn't feel comfortable posting something that appears to be written by the LPS administration and the BOE's own hands.


Yes, at the end of the BOE meeting last night, Jay Young was actively looking for the reporters but they had already left within minutes of the meeting ending. Oh darn, he missed another chance.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
c3hull
Member Avatar
Principal
Did the media hear enough during the 3 hour meeting? I think the picketers and all of the horn honking was a nice statement!
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Administrator
Administrator
Nothing in the editorial about the recall that is certain to succeed. It will be voted on. Too bad the citizens have to force the vote.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Momforone
Principal
Jimid
Mar 7 2006, 12:19 PM
Nothing in the editorial about the recall that is certain to succeed. It will be voted on. Too bad the citizens have to force the vote.

It is too bad we have to force a vote. Only if the District and the B.O.E. would open up a bit. I keep hoping for a glimmer of hope! I think they are waiting to see what's going to happen on Friday before the even consider opening up the lines of communication. Just my thoughts!
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Livonia Neighbors Archive · Next Topic »
Locked Topic