|Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Scenes Running Through My Mind; Favorite Scene|
|Topic Started: 3 Dec 2005, 05:49 PM (562 Views)|
|Killer Moth||3 Dec 2005, 05:49 PM Post #1|
Once and a while you watch an episode and you see a scene that sticks in your head and you can't get it out because it was so good, or disgusting, or funny, and you keep burning your tape or hunting the schedule to see that scene again and again.
So here are mine.
5. Kitten/Killer Moth 1. (Date With Destiny) The opening act blew me away, not only seeing Drury in action but Drury with a daughter!? I was flabbergasted and then I saw her interact with him and I was amused and watched as my favorite DC Silver Age villain became human truly and even consoled her. It was a nice mix of humor and concern. And I hope to see more of this type of parenting or any kind really.
4. Blood/Cyborg (prior to the shield going down) (Wavelength). This was a fight, pulsing music to keep up with the fast fighting between Blood and Cy. The two warriors wouldn't stop trading blows and insults as Blood pulled a Luthor with the finger on the temple trick and proof that he can back up his threats quite nicely.
3. The mindmeld (Haunted). For a long time, I've been waiting for a moment to define our ship and the mindmeld did it in one minute but that minute had it all: Wonderfully mysterious music, painful, well drawn montages of Dick's past as the defining moments of his life laid bare for Raven to see while trying to help him. And Dick only cared about her and Slade maybe hurting her rather than her knowing what's really behind the mask. It's a defining moment and showed how the series has finally evolved.
2. Plasmus fighting and evolving (Transformation). This scene just showed me how lovingly disgusting he is (he drinks sewer water but it's so funny!). And it was so priceless seeing him laugh at Robin and even had a sleek upgrade with the eyes but really, it was seeing him laugh at Starfire's unveiling that made the scene.
You know your life is truly pathetic when a blob of protoplasm is laughing at you. It made Transformation not be this carwreck for a couple minutes and for that I'll always enjoy that wonderful diversion.
1. Robin/Slade (Apprentice Pt 1). This is the scene we've been waiting for since the Slade arc began: Robin vs Slade. No longer hiding behind convoluted plots and robots, there is only brutality between the two as they give only blows, (Wonderfully choragraphed and an intense score heightens and soars the emotions coursing here) and the few words spoken punctates the frustration and rage flowing between them. We watch as Robin's descent into frustration will cost him his body and his mind and showing that the Terminator is ten steps ahead.
Those are mine, for what it's worth.
So what are yours?
|nefariousidiot||28 Dec 2005, 05:18 PM Post #2|
I think the only scene I remember ALL the time is:
In Fractured, when Starfire says, "Do not despair, the journey cannot last much longer," her head pops off her body with wings and there's a long silence while she's hopping up and down trying to catch it.
It just stuck in my mind and makes me laugh when I watch it.
EDIT: Okay, so I have a few more that I thought of. Lol.
- I CANNOT remember what episode, but it's with the HIVE (the original, not the new ones), and the Titans show up, start fighting, and Raven gets knocked backwards, and none other than Robin catches her. It was a SQUEEE moment for myself, and I remember backing up my DVR over, and over, and over to see it.
- In Bunny Raven, when Raven's getting sucked into Mumbo's hat, Raven reaches out and yells for Robin, who in turn screams for her, and they grab hands, which leads to all of them being sucked into the hat. Another squee-worthy scene, which is also in the forum's banner. I think.
- The End, Part I. The scene before Raven goes off to summon good ol' Daddy, and Robin and her are holding hands. CUTE lines there.
- Another from Fractured, when Larry (orrrr Kcid Nosyarg, heh heh) flies over to Robin and goes, "Now we're cast buddies, too!" and taps his finger cast on Robin's. Robin wiggles his finger in sarcastic joy, with an also sarcastic, "Yay." One of Robin's best lines.
(Geez this is getting longer than I expected it to.)
- In The Beast Within, when Robin defends Raven's healing self in the infirmary (his exact line was, "Leave her alone!").
- Raven's attempt at making pancakes. (The End Part I)
- The End Part I, where Silkie just pops up at the table when they're having Pizza after fighting Plasmus.
Okay, so I had more than a few extra... :D
|Sage||28 Dec 2005, 06:12 PM Post #3|
I'm gonna do my best on this one lol
Can I Keep Him: Cyborg's girly scream, oh I will never forget. It's always fun to hear a boy scream like that.
Crash: Cyborg's reaction to everything... it was just so... beautiful xD. The VA did a great job at it, and the animations melded in so nicely. Much love for Cyborg... and also when he throws that broken steel at Robin, but Raven instinctively stops it... uber cool.
Lightspeed: Billy numerous's version of the "gingerbread man song" lol... I love that guy
Nevermore: Raven taking in Doctor light... man I would be terrified too O_O and when she becomes the pure Raven, and her cape flies back.. that is so bad arse lol
For Real: After Speedy saves the cat, and the boy calls him Robin... I do love the way he replies.. it's just so cool along with his expression and the boy and his cat. ALso when Control Freak is in the chat room, and before they go to the next scene, the boy pops up and says L-O-L it sounds so ridiculously funny :lol:
Final Exam: When Raven is thrown back by Gizmo's laser shot, and Robin catches her with this huge grin on his face lol
and that's all I can think of.. I'll come back later :P
|Cloaked||28 Dec 2005, 11:51 PM Post #4|
I can't help but think of the scene in Can I Keep Him? when Starfire starts eating Silkie's...mess, and Robin asks Raven, "Shouldn't we...maybe try and stop her?" and Raven replies, "That stuff's gotta get cleaned up somehow...."
Another is in Every Dog Has His Day. The alien dog tries to jump on Raven, but the Titans encase it inside Cyborg's cage, and the dog says, "Perhaps, we may be able to help one another." The Titans all get these looks on their faces that make me laugh every single time! Robin then says, "Ooookay, am I the only one who heard that?" and Cyborg says, "You talk?!! Dogs don't talk!!"
Another scene from that episode was when they're in the alleyway or sewer (I can't remember) and Cyborg says, "Or maybe, we just need some bait...."
They all look at Raven and she goes, "What?"
That's all for now....
|lankree||1 Jan 2006, 05:14 PM Post #5|
Hero in Training
|I pick the fight scene between Robin and Slade in Apprentice Part II.|
|kalika||1 Jan 2006, 07:00 PM Post #6|
-In The End Part III, when Raven hugs Robin and Robin smiles.
-The End Part I, Starfire hugs Robin, but he gets this sick expression on his face.
-The whole Nevermore episode. It explained me. I have a whole bunch of different sides, just like Raven.
|Joe_Asha'man||23 Feb 2006, 12:18 AM Post #7|
I'd have to say the entire "Haunted" episode (which is still one of my favorite episodes by the way), just because the first time I saw it I wasn't sure if Slade was really there or not. Plus it was a really dark episode, especially in the end when I almost thought Slade was going to kill Robin.
Plus the whole Raven going inside Robin's head thing is definitely something every R/R fan loves.
That's it for right now, but I'll probably be back with more sometimg.
|ShadowRaven||23 Feb 2006, 03:17 PM Post #8|
I have a few that stand out:
1) The church scene in "Birthmark" - it's just so deep.
2) Raven going into Robin's head in "Haunted." - Gotta love that breathing. It stays with you.
3) Robin and Cyborg's argument in "Divide and Conquer"
4) Robin and Slade's fight in "Masks."
5) Robin and Raven's talk in the hall in "Birthmark" - he was just so determined to find out what was bothering her, even though she wouldn't talk about it.
That's about it. When I think of more, I'll gladly post 'em.
|Raven78||11 Jan 2008, 01:36 AM Post #9|
Some never leave my mind^^
1 Birthmark:: When Robin tells Raven to run and he literally kicks Slade with no mercy!^^
2: Birthmark:: When Slade is tell Raven about her future right at the very end and screams out!!
3: Birthmark:: The Church scene^^
4: Birthmark:: When Raven is nearly nude half way hanging off the building held by Slade's arms.....
5: Birthmark:: When Slade drops Raven off the building. And Robin catches her^^ (( Love that^^))
6: The End prt 1:: At the begiining where RR are on the roof watching the sun come up^^
7: The End prt 1:: Where Raven gets weak in the park and she falls to the ground and Robin places his hand under her neck to hold her up....
8: The End prt 1:: The part at the end where Robin is telling Raven that no one knows their destiny. And he walks up to her and reaches his hand out and grabs hers^^
9: The End prt 1:: Where Raven becomes the portal.
10: The End prt 2:: Where Robin reaches his hand out to little Rae after finding her.
11: The End prt 2:: The part where Robin tell Raven her story as they climb to the surface.
12: The End prt 3:: Where Rae is hidding behind Robins leg after they reach the surface^^
13: The End prt 3:: Where Rae defeats her father and her out fit is turned white^^
14: The End prt 3:: Where Rae smiles at Robin at the end of the episode and lunges a hug for him^^
|Killer Moth||16 Feb 2008, 11:55 PM Post #10|
I rather liked the big reveal scene in Betrayal. I liked the score and Slade's monologue, as he almost enjoys sticking in the screws to BB. Of course, the comic fanboy in me and the writer in me hated how that episode was set (all that dramatic irony), but I liked the scene by itself, for what it's worth.
Just displaced/detached from the rest of the episode/Terra arc, I suppose.
|« Previous Topic · Teen Titans · Next Topic »|