Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Densha de Go! Forums [denshadego.info]. Discussion dedicated to console train simulators Densha de Go! (電車でGO!) and Railfan.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Densha de GO! Special Edition Revival! Showa Period Yamanote Line
Topic Started: Jul 13 2010, 04:34 AM (5,653 Views)
hubdel1111

Hi
and at last how can i unlock the steam machine ? and the last training level ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

louks

I just discovered DDG a couple of months ago, thanks to the new DS "Revival!", on a recent visit to Japan.

I have carefully completed all training levels to "gold", and was STILL unable to unlock the final training section, so I am systematically completing each mission, going further "back in time" as I continue. It's a slow task for me, as I often don't have time to complete the longer tasks, and it gets put away for a couple of weeks. I'll keep this discussion informed as I hopefully progress.

I do have a question to ADD to this discussion: from what I understand, previous versions of DDG are considerably more strict than "Revival". How much more so, and does anyone find this version to be TOO easy?

Nothing in the game feels as if I'm going to lose (at least on the more modern equipment), as simply matching speeds at intermediate checkpoints and stopping within 10m keeps me overstocked with time to complete a mission. I end up watching the checkpoint speeds and the distance countdown rather than the scenery. I think I can turn them off in the HUD, but as a beginner, I am not *quite* ready for that yet. I was hoping there would be a greater challenge beyond this type of self-imposed limitation.

Everyone here seems quite experienced with the series, so I'm looking for a bit of perspective. How have you played in the past versions, and how do you challenge yourself with "Revival"?

Thanks!

vanadium

Has anyone found any other interesting unlockables over what's been posted?

Paganini
Member Avatar

I recently bougth a 3DS XL (my first handheld since the gameboy colour :) ) and it obviously runs DS games. Now I do know that DS games are region free but the 3DS itself is region locked. I want to buy the DDG DS game so bad but I am uncertain if the european 3DS runs this game.
Does anyone know if it is running or possible to play?

Greetings
Paganini

MikeGold
Member Avatar

I wouldn't chance it. You should rather buy normal ds and one of those "special" cards ;]. It should be cheap all together.

keneda2002
Member Avatar

Hello,
I have an european 3ds + densha de go yamanote ds, it's works great.
You can buy it (the ds fonction is not locked)! ^^
Edited by keneda2002, Feb 28 2014, 10:26 AM.

Paganini
Member Avatar

Thanks a lot for these great news!!! I will definitely buy this. :)
boy oh boy...I just dont know why nintendo is using the region lock again on the 3DS.Everything could be nice,but the big N strikes again!
Do you have experiences with the traditional (older) lines in the game? How do they work out?
I am very curious about those!

keneda2002
Member Avatar

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
The old yamanote line and trains are great. It's exclusive to that episode (never seen on the other platforms)
For example, you can see the Tokyo Tower during its construction (half finished).

The graphics are not bad for a DS, but don't expect to have the same graphics as the psp versions.

It's a great game, hope it's helps!

« Previous Topic · Densha de Go! Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: