Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
A note about EVENT CANCELLATIONS and other time-sensitive updates: When something happens that we want everybody to know about - RIGHT NOW - we do a couple of things. The information will be posted in the "Official Announcements" section and it will also be posted on Twitter and the CWIRA blog. However, if this info (like a race cancellation at 6am) happens when there is no internet access for us - it will be on Twitter first because that can be updated via cell phone. We recomend that if you are set up for it - follow us on twitter.com/cwira and enable your cell/text to recieve twitter updates on race day. Or, if you have a web-enabled phone you can access the info at cwira.blogspot.com or twitter.com/cwira.
Welcome to C.W.I.R.A. Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rock Dam Photos From 1993
Topic Started: Nov 20 2011, 09:53 AM (565 Views)
MotoBill
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I don't think we've (CWIRA) been back to Rock Dam since then. It was a WARM day when these were shot.....in the 40's. I'm still digging for the photo of the LARGE farm tractor that went through the ice. If you were there you may remember seeing that. They tried to plow the track with it an made the mistake of driving right along the shoreline between the two boat ramps. splash.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cdaniels
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Any names to go with the bikes? Nice fenders.....at least they had fronts.....lol.

All I see is the big Fahrner hauler!!
Edited by cdaniels, Nov 20 2011, 11:15 AM.

MotoBill
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Well, you probably figured that was me on #151. The #20 Honda was a Brock from Marshfield - I think it was Dan. That race was the Open C (or something like that) class. At the time the fender rules were fairly lax, a couple years later the rear fender requirement was added and along with it tighter front fender enforcement.

As far as getting towed back to the pits - turned out that when I took off my font fender and moved it forward, the water spray from the front tire was soaking the spark plug. Funny how water and spark don't like each other isn't it? Took me about 4 warm day races to figure that one out. The engine was always hot enough that any water dried off by the time I got to my pit - so it wasn't as obvious as you might think.

John R.
John R.
[ *  *  * ]
#5 = MIKE VOGEL , #68 was AL baeke I tink. OR was that JESSE the BOD , LOL

MY TIMMY was bottoming his 80cc bike frame in the holes during the main. We lost our muffler in a mudd hole on the way home on the YELLOW van. Some guy broke and axle on his trailer trying to get off the ice ! A little girl fell and dissapeared into the water .luckly the ice hed 2 layers . and my wife was 6 month pregnent .

YES I'll never forget that day
Edited by John R., Dec 25 2011, 10:17 PM.
YA I smoke ? I ride motorcycles too

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Racing Stuff · Next Topic »
Add Reply