Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Valentine's Day Read-a-Thon 2018; February 14-26
Topic Started: Feb 10 2018, 08:22 AM (942 Views)
KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Welcome to the Valentine's-Sweetheart Day Read-a-Thon! It will run from Wednesday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, February 25

The group spreadsheet can be found here: Valentine's Day Read-a-Thon 2018 (someone please let me know if they can edit!)

1. Cheesy
2. KathyB
3. Tsjara
4. Lemonitsa
5. Shaunesay
6. Nimrodiel
7. GateGypsy
8. Dancing-Dog
9. Azuki
Edited by KathyB, Feb 21 2018, 08:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Giraffe Lover Extraordinaire
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm game. :)

Tsjara
Member Avatar
Extremely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me too! :D

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
:love:

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Certainly!

nimrodiel
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
count me in

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I replied on Facebook, but I'll post here, too. I'm totally in! I'm feeling kindof wishy washy on what book to read next, so I could use a reason to push. Will there be a theme?

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
GateGypsy
Feb 11 2018, 08:31 PM
I replied on Facebook, but I'll post here, too. I'm totally in! I'm feeling kindof wishy washy on what book to read next, so I could use a reason to push. Will there be a theme?
Theme - Romance, Hearts in the title, Lovebirds, anything that makes you think of Valentines :kiss:

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
Yes I am in!

dancing-dog
Member Avatar
Doggedly Obsessed
Oh good, you saw my post!

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
I feel so silly :silly: I was so excited about this that I honestly thought it started on Monday (I guess because Monday here this week is actually a STAT holiday? It's "Family Day.") I was so worried I had missed the start when I realised I'd spent most of the day out playing with my kids, and then had to nap until work time.

At least I still have some time to decide what I'm going to read. I have a good idea of what it'll be, though I suspect I won't have anything particularly romance-y.

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
GateGypsy
Feb 13 2018, 07:12 AM
I feel so silly :silly: I was so excited about this that I honestly thought it started on Monday (I guess because Monday here this week is actually a STAT holiday? It's "Family Day.") I was so worried I had missed the start when I realised I'd spent most of the day out playing with my kids, and then had to nap until work time.

At least I still have some time to decide what I'm going to read. I have a good idea of what it'll be, though I suspect I won't have anything particularly romance-y.
I don't have anything real romance-y either. This month, I am trying to read books from my series I follow and none of those are romances :huh: But then anything that reminds you of Valentines or Sweethearts count - candy, flowers, hearts, the colors red and pink, etc.
Edited by KathyB, Feb 13 2018, 08:47 AM.

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
I'm going to start Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) for the RAT. It's hopeless to think I'll finish it, but it's a series that has been on my TBR for SOOOOO LONG it's about time I made some forward progress.
I have a kindle book on the go that I'm struggling to get through (a leftover pick-it-for-me from September, I think, "When God Was a Rabbit"), a paper book I am excited to read but hard to get fit in (my birthday gift: The Marrow Thieves), and an audio on my phone for travelling (SoUE #13 "The End"), as well.

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
I will probably finish listening to "Homecoming Masquerade" today. I will continue reading "Grand Theft Retro". I will probably finish reading "Maze Runner" (Book 1) during this RAT and will start "Scorch Trials (Book 2), but not finish it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
Amazon no longer shows the option for saving the photograph link (could be the new computer) and if I copy from GoodReads, it shows up here as an "x". I've gone back to using PhotoBucket, which is a pain because of all the stupid ads. Does anyone have any other (easy) way to save bookcovers?

nimrodiel
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm Starting with a contemporary romance On Dublin Street

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
Hi Happy Valentine's Day!!! :blowkiss: :flower: :heart: <3 :hubba: :smooch:

I am now listening to:

Posted Image

and reading:

Posted Image

Not sure if I'll finish in time to start on something romantic or valentiney, will try.

dancing-dog
Member Avatar
Doggedly Obsessed
I started on a new book this morning:

Posted Image

which is an autobiography of a woman who lived in the Australian outback driving cattle

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
I finished "Homecoming Masquerade". There is nothing I hate more than a book that is relatively good that never really finishes this portion of the story therefore making you purchase the next book to get the end of this part. It smacks of amature writing. A good series will give the story to you in full portion rather than a big cliffhanger. I don't know if I'll continue the series or not. Right now, I'm just mad :mad:

I have started the 16th book in the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. See, I will read a series if it is done correctly.

Posted Image

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
KathyB
Feb 14 2018, 04:16 AM
Amazon no longer shows the option for saving the photograph link (could be the new computer) and if I copy from GoodReads, it shows up here as an "x". I've gone back to using PhotoBucket, which is a pain because of all the stupid ads. Does anyone have any other (easy) way to save bookcovers?
Code:

[IMG]https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1341485127l/15736782.jpg[/IMG]

I right click on the picture on goodreads and copy image location, then copy that into the image button here. That's from Mozilla/Firefox I know the other platforms have a similar thing but it might be called something else.

These are what I'm working onL

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Edited by shaunesay, Feb 14 2018, 06:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Read-a-Thons · Next Topic »
Add Reply