Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thank Goodness for Books FLASH RAT; Show up and read!
Topic Started: Oct 7 2017, 02:55 PM (221 Views)
GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, you all! I just realized it's the long weekend here in Canada and I figured I'd host a FLASH RAT (even though I know you US based Bookobsessors don't celebrate Thanksgiving until November). I should've started yesterday, so to make up for that I'll run this from Today (Saturday) though Tuesday, October 10.

:reading:

Participants:

1. GateGypsy
2. Lemonitsa :lemon:
3. Shaunie
4. KathyB
5. :applause:
6. YOU!

WE HAVE PRIZES!
1. donated by KathyB: 1 wishlist book in print or ebook format claimed by ...

Monday Draw prize: Customizable "Today I am Thankful" Journal and pencil.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
I don't know if anyone else has the time/funds to make any donations, but I'm going to make a prize draw on Monday for this beautiful, customizable prize:
Posted Image

This sweet little notebook can come with blank, lined, or dot-grid pages, and I can even get it with your name on the cover! It will be "mini" format, which is 5.25"x3.44" and comes with that cute pencil shown in the picture with three options of text: Be Amazing, Find Adventure, (or) Write it Down.

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Moi!

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
I am 7 books behind schedule for my reading goal this year. I need to do some serious catching up!

Here are some of the books I plan on reading this weekend:

LUMBERJANES COLLECTED EDITIONS #s 4 (Out of Time), 5 (Band Together), & 6 (Sink or Swim)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Saga Vols 5 & 6
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've also got an audiobook to finish: 8 Keys to Parenting a Child With ADHD
Posted Image

And my kobo book, which I've been slogging away at for ages (get this: I was borrowing it from the library and having to wait on a waiting list for my turn to come up again, getting along in it slowly but surely, and then my hubby tells me, "Oh! I have an ePub copy of It on my Google Drive..." :facepalm:
Posted Image

And if I still have time after all those, I definitely have a few more books sitting around here I can dig into ;)

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Sure, I'm in!

I'm working on these, but not really expecting to finish as I'm at the beginning of all of them.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Edited by shaunesay, Oct 7 2017, 06:57 PM.

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Count me in!

Reading two books right now. "The Fifth Season" is from the library and "Death in the Stacks" is from a librarian advanced reader group and will disappear off my iPhone in 23 days, so I need to get them done!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Prize donation - a wish list book print or e-book.
Edited by KathyB, Oct 8 2017, 05:57 AM.

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
oh bother! I have to pull out of the RAT, I was away all day yesterday and today is no better. I may have 2-3 hours tomorrow to read but that would be it :(

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
Progress so far:

CURRENTLY READING

Saga Vols 5 & 6 <-- about to start
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've also got an audiobook to finish: 8 Keys to Parenting a Child With ADHD <-- currently at 92% complete
Posted Image

Adding The Reptile Room (series of Unfortunate Events #2) by Lemony Snicket in audio <-- starting today
Posted Image

And my kobo book, which I've been slogging away at for ages (get this: I was borrowing it from the library and having to wait on a waiting list for my turn to come up again, getting along in it slowly but surely, and then my hubby tells me, "Oh! I have an ePub copy of It on my Google Drive..." :facepalm: <-- currently at 87% complete
Posted Image

COMPLETED
LUMBERJANES COLLECTED EDITIONS #s 4 (Out of Time), 5 (Band Together), & 6 (Sink or Swim) <-- finished Saturday (#4 & 5) and Sunday morning (#6)

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
Lemonitsa
Oct 8 2017, 11:05 AM
oh bother! I have to pull out of the RAT, I was away all day yesterday and today is no better. I may have 2-3 hours tomorrow to read but that would be it :(
I totally understand -- Thanksgiving isn't a "free time" holiday, especially if you've got family and a big feast happening! But you can stay in. No pressure. Just let us know if you get any reading done so we can celebrate ;)

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
I listened to a couple of hours of "The Fifth Season" and read a about 20 pages of "Death in the Stacks". I also watched the 1982 Blade Runner when I should have been reading more. :blush:
Edited by KathyB, Oct 8 2017, 10:14 PM.

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
KathyB
Oct 8 2017, 10:13 PM
I listened to a couple of hours of "The Fifth Season" and read a about 20 pages of "Death in the Stacks". I also watched the 1982 Blade Runner when I should have been reading more. :blush:
:giggle: It's OK. Last night I watched an episode of The Mist on netflix instead of reading for an hour after the kids were asleep. Just 'cause it's a RAT doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the rest of your social life ;)

I work today, so I won't be back again until suppertime.

Progress so far:

CURRENTLY READING

Audiobook The Reptile Room (series of Unfortunate Events #2) by Lemony Snicket in audio <-- started Sunday
Posted Image

And my kobo book, which I've been slogging away at for ages (get this: I was borrowing it from the library and having to wait on a waiting list for my turn to come up again, getting along in it slowly but surely, and then my hubby tells me, "Oh! I have an ePub copy of It on my Google Drive..." :facepalm: <-- currently at 87% complete
Posted Image

COMPLETED
LUMBERJANES COLLECTED EDITIONS #s 4 (Out of Time), 5 (Band Together), & 6 (Sink or Swim) <-- finished Saturday (#4 & 5) and Sunday morning (#6)

8 Keys to Parenting a Child With ADHD <-- finished Sunday night
Posted Image

Saga Vols 5 & 6 <-- finished both Sunday
Posted ImagePosted Image

BONUS BOOK Found The Little Red Wolf on Netgalley and grabbed it right away. Amélie Fléchais' The Little Red Wolf <-- finished Sunday
Posted Image

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Giraffe Lover Extraordinaire
Sorry, it was birthday weekend at our house. My youngest birthday was Friday and my mother in laws was Sunday. My sister in law came to town on Saturday. So it seems we were going out to eat all weekend. I didn't get much read either.
We really do need to set up one for after Halloween. :)
Edited by cheesygiraffe, Oct 9 2017, 04:12 PM.

nimrodiel
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Today has been a bad day so I am going to start supper and watch some more dr who.

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Oct 9 2017, 03:56 PM
Sorry, it was birthday weekend at our house. My youngest birthday was Friday and my mother in laws was Sunday. My sister in law came to town on Saturday. So it seems we were going out to eat all weekend. I didn't get much read either.
Since Halloween is officially my retirement date, we need to have a RAT to celebrate my freedom to read all day :applause:

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
I just finished "The Fifth Season". Awesome Sci-Fi. Now I'll go back to listening to "Frankenstein" and "Moon Shadow". Still reading "Death in the Stacks."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
nimrodiel
Oct 9 2017, 04:08 PM
Today has been a bad day so I am going to start supper and watch some more dr who.

I'm sorry today was bad :hugz: I hope your yummy dinner and Dr Who has helped reform the day somewhat.

KathyB
Oct 9 2017, 05:43 PM
cheesygiraffe
Oct 9 2017, 03:56 PM
Since Halloween is officially my retirement date, we need to have a RAT to celebrate my freedom to read all day :applause:

What a GREAT idea! I'm totally all for that. Do you want to be hostess? Or shall I start the planning/sign up thread?

I actually spent a lot of my "free time" today (I was at work) listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on YouTube. But I did manage to get most of Reptile Room read. I'll probably finish it tonight. I'm really hoping to finish IT tonight, too.

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I haven't managed to finish anything, but I did start a new Audiobook, Origin, Dan Brown!

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
I read about 20 more pages of "Death in the Stacks" last night. I really like the Library Lovers cozy mysteries by Jenn McKinlay. I was happy to see this one offered as an Advanced Readers Copy, but wish it didn't have such a short reading period. I only have 21 days left. I'd be finished if it was an audio, but since it is an ebook, I'm having to struggle to get it finished.

nimrodiel
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
GateGypsy
Oct 9 2017, 07:04 PM
nimrodiel
Oct 9 2017, 04:08 PM

I'm sorry today was bad :hugz: I hope your yummy dinner and Dr Who has helped reform the day somewhat
We ended up ordering stuffed pizza ::yum::

I did read about 20 pages of Dark Witch by Nora Roberts. I do love her magical Irish tales.

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Read a few more pages of Haunted Ohio, a story from Mr. Shaunie's home town by people whose last name he said he went to school with, so that was kind of wild!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Read-a-Thons · Next Topic »
Add Reply