Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Perpetual Watch-a-Thon; Post what you're watching here!
Topic Started: Dec 14 2013, 05:59 PM (67,847 Views)
cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Giraffe Lover Extraordinaire
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Let's post what we are watching here. :)

I'll start. I've watched 2 episodes of Firefly today (the 5th and 6th ones) I may watch another I don't know yet or something else.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm here! Today I watched the last three episodes of season 3 of Glee :sing: . Or was it two? Oh, I dunno. I've been averaging two or three episodes of it over the last few days 'cause I was making a big push to get to the end of the season. I want to start Dr Who :drwho: , but I didn't want to leave off in the middle of a season story arc in the show I had been watching. Canadian Netflix only has to the end of Season 3 of Glee, and while I know that season 4 is in the US Netflix, I'm ok with going on hiatus with Glee for a while so I can start watching The Doctor.

To pick up on a topic of discussion from the last thread: I haven't seen part 1 of The Hobbit yet. Everyone else in my family has (well, except for LittleJohn), and The Bookish Gate just went to see Part 2 last night for his friend's birthday party. I've got my fingers crossed that I might manage to catch it in theatre, too, once I'm settled in down south. The GateKeeper tells me that it's on the Shaw on Demand movie channel (part one, anyway) right now, so hopefully it'll still be available and I can watch it then go to the movies. I wonder how we'll split things up so that everyone will get the chance to go but someone will still be able to stay at home with LittleJohn? I seriously can't imagine him willingly allowing his dad to walk out the door without him anytime in the foreseeable future, after all this separation.

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Tonight we're watching the Hallmark remake of The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood and Steven Moyer. It's pretty good and I think it has a couple of songs that weren't in the movie. Surely they were in the stage play. It's really strange to see Moyer playing the up-tight Captain Von Trapp. (He's the actor who plays Bill Compton in True Blood.)

When this is over, I'm going to head to the bedroom and read until hubby is ready to go to sleep. I'm in a hurry to finish two library books which are due on Wednesday. (Hubby picked them up for me when I was out of town and I was supposed to start reading them last weekend, but couldn't get back home. So now I've only got a couple of days to read both of them so they can be returned on time.

HoserLauren
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
Non-stop tv watching!

I've started Almost Human which is pretty good so far, 2 episodes in.

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Today I watched episodes 3 & 4 of Fringe S2. Now I'm going to read the last 30 pages of my book and then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I watched three episodes of Mike & Molly last night. It is getting funnier as the series continues. Shame series two is so expensive here. Maybe I can pick it up cheaper in the UK next week.

We also watched the latest Grimm last night. It is supposedly two parts....although there wasn't much of a cliffhanger. So I checked IMDB....and it lists two episodes showing on Friday? Is this true?

My guy checked and we got the second part and just watched it. Don't understand why it was in two parts and it didn't clear up the 'Austria' angle.

Which I have to say is really funny to watch from our perspective. They are using pictures from Vienna but we can't figure out if any of it was actually filmed here because if they are then they are using really good copies of the police cars etc. :nod:

However the room Adelind is staying in always shows the Rathaus (Town Hall) through her window but the hotel she is staying in isn't across the road from there. :lol:

Oh and the Krampus episode was pretty cool. Krampus comes on the 5th of December the day before St Nikolaus. They are also sometimes referred to as Perchten and whip naughty kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Christian_Alpine_traditions
Edited by Amberkatze, Dec 15 2013, 07:45 AM.

zosime
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We watched another episode of SHIELD last night. I'm starting to wonder why we are still watching this show. :sigh:

meshe
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I watched Revenge (get to the payoff already, a few more twists and I'll be totally lost. ) And the most recent episode of Scandal. Oh my, that show is good, but they need to tie up some stuff and get on with new story lines.

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I managed to read a whole book today but I also got some TV watching done!

Another 2 episodes of Mike & Molly were watched and the latest episode of Big Bang Theory.

Me and my guy haven't got anything new to watch together so we finally started the latest series of Haven. I think the season is already over but we were busy with other shows. At least we have something to fall back on now that all the shows seem to be going on their Christmas break.

Before bed I plan on watching few more episodes of M&M.
Edited by Amberkatze, Dec 15 2013, 01:45 PM.

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
After a day hanging out with #2 son, we're back at the house and hubby is flipping between the news and the Cowboys football game. I don't know what we'll watch together this evening, but as soon as he goes to bed, I'll be turning on at least one of the Christmas specials -- probably on Hallmark channel.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
I watched the latest Once Upon a Time and the latest Witches of East End. Both were great episodes! It was OUAT's Mid Season Finale and WoEE's Season Finale. I started to watch Psych the Musical but I'd missed the first few minutes so I decided to watch it tomorrow on OnDemand.

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Hubby and I watched a recorded episode of The Mentalist from when I was out of town. Then when he went to the bedroom to watch football, I turned on Doc Martin: Revealed which my PBS station was running during pledge week. (Looks like season 6 may be starting up in the Spring.) We forgot that Psych: The Musical was on tonight. Fortunately, we had set it up to record so I guess we'll watch it tomorrow.

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
zosime
Dec 15 2013, 09:28 AM
We watched another episode of SHIELD last night. I'm starting to wonder why we are still watching this show. :sigh:
Me, too. It feels like it isn't going anywhere.

As for tonight, I didn't watch anything. I am too tired from all the cleaning and baking and shovelling snow. We got 35cm and it was -11C to -17C today. Sheesh!

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
Thanks for the reminder regarding Psych! Will have to watch it tonight. Is it actually any good?

zosime
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We went out and watched Frozen yesterday. It was very cute! We are avoiding going to The Hobbit - I know we will eventually, but we both found the first film a bit disappointing so we're not as excited as we could be.

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I have a cold/cough again so I went to bed early last night. Watched another episode of Haven with my guy and managed one Mike & Molly before calling it a day.
Edited by Amberkatze, Dec 16 2013, 11:24 PM.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Earlier today, I watched Psych the Musical. Now I have "I Heard it Both Ways" stuck in my head. It's was good and silly. :giggle: Tonight I watched the newest How I Met Your Mother. I'm sad it's the last season. Great cast. And I also watched 2 more episodes of Firefly (No.'s 7 & 8). Already halfway done with the show. It's starting to grow on me even more.
Nim, I see you liked Freaks and Geeks. I have that on my List to watch on Netflix. It looks good.

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I just watched the latest HIMYM and can't wait for the next one!

I am still feeling a little under the weather so I am going to watch one or two episodes of Mike&Molly and take some nyquil and go to bed. Have an early start tomorrow.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Amberkatze
Dec 17 2013, 01:35 PM
I am still feeling a little under the weather so I am going to watch one or two episodes of Mike&Molly and take some nyquil and go to bed. Have an early start tomorrow.
I hope you start feeling better. :hug:

GateGypsy
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
Ok, I've officially started watching Dr. Who!

I watched Rose and The End of the World today. It was as the credits were running on episode 2 that I twigged about someone here mentioning the actress to me before. She plays Sally Lockheart in the made-for-TV movies of the Pullman novels Ruby in the Smoke, Shadow in the North, and Tiger in the Well, right? Too bad they're not available on Netflix. I didn't see them on Amazon Prime, either. I may have to track down DVD copies!

Of course, this totally makes me wonder what kinds of shows are available in the UK version of Netflix. There *is* a UK Netflix, right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Chit-Chat & Non-Book Related Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply