Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Change in complaint Policy
Topic Started: Jan 11 2009, 06:17 PM (3,363 Views)
fantasy221
Member Avatar
Make small talk? I'd rather be reading.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The mods have reworked the complaint policy described in point 4 of the Board Guidelines. The new policy reads as such:

Quote:

4. While generally, everyone here is a happy, friendly person, sometimes personalities can clash. If someone writes a post somewhere on the boards that you find offensive, please utilize the report button provided in each post. The mods will receive notification that a post has been flagged and will deliberate to determine what should be done. There is no need to PM the mods to further explain why you felt the post was offensive - you will have an opportunity to do that when you send in the report. Please note: The mods will no longer attempt to mediate disputes between members. In administering warnings, we will consider only posts that have been flagged and reported to us.

The warning system will work as follows: we operate on a “3 strikes, then banned” policy. Each warning will count as half of a strike, and as follows, 2 warnings will equal 1 strike. The mod team will have the discretion to decide whether to issue a warning or a written pre-warning as we determine is appropriate. The decision by the mod team will be final; complaining to us or about us may result in another warning. The duration of a warning (and by extension, a strike) will be determined by the mod team; however, the mod team will indicate an estimated duration when giving the warning. Please note, it will only be an estimate; both positive and negative behavior following the warning may be used as a mitigating factor in determining the actual duration. Should a member reach their third strike (and we really hope no one ever does!), the mod team will inform the member whether the banishment will be temporary or permanent. In either case, the mod team will provide their reasons for the ban, and in the event of a temporary ban, the mod team will give an estimate of how long the ban will last. Again, this will only be an estimate – positive and negative behavior will again be taken into account in determining the actual duration of the ban.

We know that at times tempers can flare, but we truly want to keep BookObsessed a fun and fun-loving place. It is our belief that the “3 strikes” policy we have developed will serve to keep the peace, but in order for it to work we need people to abide by it. It should be noted that all members, mods, and admins of this site are subject to this policy.

This policy will go into effect February 1, 2009. Because the Guidelines post is locked, we've opened this thread for questions and comments.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ri
Member Avatar
Mama to two great kids!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can I report the above post? :snicker:

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Giraffe Lover Extraordinaire
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ri
Jan 18 2009, 09:11 PM
Can I report the above post? :snicker:
:rolleyes: :lol:

CandyTX
Member Avatar
Always needs a nap
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just want to go on record as saying that I find Ri's post about reporting this post to be offensive. I also find Cheesy's laughing at the whole situation to be uncalled for and superficial. Can you help mediate this problem she and I are having?

*snicker*
Edited by CandyTX, Jan 18 2009, 11:48 PM.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
No can do Candie! You have to click report! We ignore you otherwise. :neener:

Lizabeth86
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
candieb
Jan 18 2009, 11:47 PM
I just want to go on record as saying that I find Ri's post about reporting this post to be offensive. I also find Cheesy's laughing at the whole situation to be uncalled for and superficial. Can you help mediate this problem she and I are having?

*snicker*
:lmao:

(ok...I sooooo needed that)

:smooch:

giz-angel
Member Avatar
my name's Giz and I'm an addict
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How many times can I click report? :giggle:

Kiri
Member Avatar
Trapped on page 571 - send apostrophes!
I would like to complain that giz has now hit the report button so many times it is now broked. *points to icon* :rofl:

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
broked? :lol:

shaunesay
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
*snort* thanks guys, this was cute! But as I've now hurt myself by snorting, I'm afraid I'll have to report ALL the above posts!

CandyTX
Member Avatar
Always needs a nap
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hehehe... Broked. I <3 you guys.

mysterious
Member Avatar
Certifiably Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:giggle: Will adding "I didn't mean it" to my signature file, avoid me from being reported? :shifty:

Ri
Member Avatar
Mama to two great kids!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I love you guys! :lmao:

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
mysterious
Jan 23 2009, 08:32 AM
:giggle: Will adding "I didn't mean it" to my signature file, avoid me from being reported? :shifty:
No you get reported for lying then! :whip: We know you mean it! :rolleyes: :lol: :shifty:

Kiri
Member Avatar
Can I complain about the weather?

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Are you going to report it? :lol: Go ahead I'm sure the people who are getting all that snow and ice want to hear about weather in California. :razz: :giggle:

AceofHearts
Member Avatar
Totally Obsessed
Really, I will take the weather in CA anyday. Snow every day UGH!!

Kiri
Member Avatar
I'd like to lodge a complaint about the lack of rain. I've been out here dancing for weeks and I"m getting very tired and my feet hurt! :D

p.s. Ace - it gets cold here too.. we may not get snow right here often but it get down to let's see.. last night was 18F and it's been like that for the past few weeks. Not supposed really get *quite* that cold all the time. House isn't insulated... gets mighty chilly in here after dark!

course damp n cold isn't much better either come to think of it.. *wanders off*

AceofHearts
Member Avatar
Totally Obsessed
Sorry Kiri but right now 18F would be a heat wave. It is all a manner of what you are used to. I could not take the weather they are having in Oz right now either

Kiri
Member Avatar
Well! Here it is the 11th already and .. Ok I'd like to complain that there have been no complaints! *snicker* Also Cheesy's giraffes are terribly cute (not a complaint)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site News & Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply