Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Owed Books Database
Topic Started: Mar 1 2008, 05:24 PM (49,060 Views)
CheriePie
Member Avatar
living the dream baby!! :)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bartonz
Feb 19 2009, 11:09 AM
I guess what I'm saying more than anything is that I REALLY don't think I will be getting books from a half dozen people and want to get those books off my list so I can quit harboring ill will everytime I look at Zoho. I'll pm with the list of names/books. Thanks.
Got it! As suspected, you've got different owers each with different situations, some of who are still considered active users here, so those ones definitely can't be written off. Others can probably be moved off to the Pay It Forward.

It might take me a couple days but I'll get back to you offline with all the details Sue. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
Giraffe Lover Extraordinaire
Here are the people doing the database now.

Tribefan - Relay Primary, backup wherever interested
Wss4 - Swaps Primary, backup VBB's or wherever interested
Camis - VBB backup (smaller boxes)
Shaunie - VBB Primary, swaps backup or wherever interested
Elsi - Zoho Book Status Update Primary, backup wherever interested

Potok-fan
Member Avatar
Team Banzai
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
cheesygiraffe
Feb 10 2010, 09:50 PM
:kiss: :kiss: I love the database :kiss: :kiss: thank you everyone!!

CheriePie
Member Avatar
cheesygiraffe

Did you update the dbmods (at) bookobsessed email list? Or did I ever show you how to?

I'd be happy to do it for ya, but if I'm not in the loop anymore on who's doing what, I may not be the best person to keep that list up to date.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
CheriePie
May 11 2010, 06:57 PM
cheesygiraffe

Did you update the dbmods (at) bookobsessed email list? Or did I ever show you how to?

I'd be happy to do it for ya, but if I'm not in the loop anymore on who's doing what, I may not be the best person to keep that list up to date.
No you never did. Go ahead and do it, please. :hug:

LoriPed
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Who do I contact if I want to delete some book titles from those owed me? I have several book titles that I no longer need as I have them now and would like to delete them from the list of what is owed me in the zoho.

cheesygiraffe
Member Avatar
LoriPed
Jul 18 2010, 02:36 PM
Who do I contact if I want to delete some book titles from those owed me? I have several book titles that I no longer need as I have them now and would like to delete them from the list of what is owed me in the zoho.
I can take care of it. Just PM with the info. I'll take care of it tomorrow. :wave:

KathyB
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's been a while since I looked at the database, but what the heck happened to it? How do you tell what you owe or that has been mailed to you? Is there some setting I'm missing?

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
you have to use search feature. then enter name of sender.

BooksnBeer
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KathyB
Sep 19 2011, 05:37 PM
It's been a while since I looked at the database, but what the heck happened to it? How do you tell what you owe or that has been mailed to you? Is there some setting I'm missing?
I believe the filter function has been deleted and now only the search function is available. Hit the search button and select your field and your name.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
I finally got one of my owed books mailed out today and came to update the Owed Books database when I too just noticed that the Name Filter is missing. :( Elsi, you didn't change anything that would've caused that did you? I know I'm not here much anymore with so much still going on in my life but please feel free to call on me if you need anything with that. :)

I'll go in and fix it back up now in any case. But everyone and anyone, please feel free to reply back here if you notice any other things broken. (I really wish we could get email notification back again which would help me keep up better. It's now a paid feature but it is available.)

UPDATE: Sender and Recipient Filters added back in 10/12/11. ~CB
Edited by CheriePie, Oct 12 2011, 10:48 PM.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
cheesygiraffe
May 11 2010, 09:20 PM
CheriePie
May 11 2010, 06:57 PM
cheesygiraffe

No you never did. Go ahead and do it, please. :hug:
So is this still the current list for the dbmods? I just went into the mailing list now to verify and it looks like they all were there but I removed Joy and Marlene.

As a reminder, you can send email to dbmods (at) bookobsessed.com and it'll go to all the admins, mods, and database mods. :)

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Oct 12 2011, 10:44 PM
I finally got one of my owed books mailed out today and came to update the Owed Books database when I too just noticed that the Name Filter is missing. :( Elsi, you didn't change anything that would've caused that did you? I know I'm not here much anymore with so much still going on in my life but please feel free to call on me if you need anything with that. :)

I'll go in and fix it back up now in any case. But everyone and anyone, please feel free to reply back here if you notice any other things broken. (I really wish we could get email notification back again which would help me keep up better. It's now a paid feature but it is available.)

UPDATE: Sender and Recipient Filters added back in 10/12/11. ~CB
I haven't made any changes on the Zoho database since you gave me admin permissions. But I would like to know *how* to make such a change so that if something goes "different" sometime in the future, I'd have a clue as to how to fix it.

VeganMedusa
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for fixing it Cherie, you're awesome! I've been avoiding the database for a while now, but I shall go and check up on myself now. :blush:

azuki
Member Avatar
it's weird, today I check my zoho list, and somehow an overdue book popped up on the list. I guess it appeared after the database was fixed? It surely wasn't there the last few times I printed a copy of owed books.
Now I have to speed read through it, and hopefully in time so I won't be on the naughty list.

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
azuki
Dec 27 2011, 08:52 AM
it's weird, today I check my zoho list, and somehow an overdue book popped up on the list. I guess it appeared after the database was fixed? It surely wasn't there the last few times I printed a copy of owed books.
Now I have to speed read through it, and hopefully in time so I won't be on the naughty list.
Depending on how you look at the Overdue books view of the database, it's possible that books you owe are on the 2nd page of the listings. Before I post the monthly VBB rotation, I check the database, applying a filter so that I see *only* the books owed by each individual player. So, filter for Azuki as a sender, I see these books from "older" swaps & VBBs:

Cathedrals of the Flesh by Alexia Brue (azuki --> thegoaliegirl), Armchair Travel Swap, 25 June

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (azuki --> KathyB), CD Audio VBB, 8 June

Yoga School Dropout by Lucy Edge (azuki --> dancing-dog), Move That Body Swap, 1 May

Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario (azuki --> boomda181), April Non-Fiction Swap, 1 April

azuki
Member Avatar
elsi
Dec 27 2011, 09:11 AM
azuki
Dec 27 2011, 08:52 AM
Depending on how you look at the Overdue books view of the database, it's possible that books you owe are on the 2nd page of the listings. Before I post the monthly VBB rotation, I check the database, applying a filter so that I see *only* the books owed by each individual player. So, filter for Azuki as a sender, I see these books from "older" swaps & VBBs:

Cathedrals of the Flesh by Alexia Brue (azuki --> thegoaliegirl), Armchair Travel Swap, 25 June

Yoga School Dropout by Lucy Edge (azuki --> dancing-dog), Move That Body Swap, 1 May

Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario (azuki --> boomda181), April Non-Fiction Swap, 1 April
I have hard copy that I printed a few weeks ago, and the list was:

The Yoga School was not there. It wasn't on the last few copies i have either (though I didn't keep them) I usually have a list and read my books according to it. And there most certainly wasn't a page 2 of the list, as Enrique is still on my list. Enrique's was sent months ago but Boomda never marked it received, not sure if she is still active. I was packing the other two books fm June when I notice that there is a new book that popped up. Weird. Not that I am saying that I do not owe that book, but definitely if I knew it was due I would have read it before the other two. So I guess it's a glitch?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Site News & Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply