Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
May Massachusetts Meetup; Sunday June 1st in Salem @ ???
Topic Started: Feb 18 2008, 08:29 AM (11,353 Views)
CheriePie
Member Avatar
living the dream baby!! :)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Apolonia
Mar 13 2008, 10:05 AM
Okay Sundays are my new offical day off starting April 1st so what Sunday works for everyone?

As of right now, any Sunday except the 6th. :) And end of month we should be working towards warmer weather too... :whistle: :whistle:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It doesn't matter to me. Does anyone else have any prefrences or days they cannot make?

chambejd
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The 13th is not good for me unless we do activities where my dog can come too. :giggle: We're staying on the cape that Sat. night so we would have him with us.

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay so then we are looking at the 20th or 27th. Does anyone have a prefrence or problem with either of these days?

terra57
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The 27th sounds better to me but it's up to all of you.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
Either or... pick the sunnier of the 2 days, how's that? :wink:

rootmartin
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a preference for the 20th but could probably make either one.

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I pm'ed Herbwench and Ixion to see if they were interested.

Anyone else who we should ask?

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Terra and Root I think it comes down to the two of you, Cherie, Joy, and I can do either (I'm pretty sure) so what do you guys think?

I hope I am not being too much of a planning nerd, :blush: I just like to know in advance (sometimes) what I am doing.

rootmartin
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
Apolonia
Mar 20 2008, 07:44 AM
Terra and Root I think it comes down to the two of you, Cherie, Joy, and I can do either (I'm pretty sure) so what do you guys think?

I hope I am not being too much of a planning nerd, :blush: I just like to know in advance (sometimes) what I am doing.

I'd be happy to do the 27th if that fits better with terra's schedule so we can go ahead and plan on that.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
Will y'all still do it if I can't make it? :unsure:

I hope to, but it's just that we cancelled last month's trip to California because we had too much going on at home and Mike at work too. So we were going to go this month sometime after the 18th. So there's a slight chance it might be the 19th thru the 26, in which case I'd probably be back in time, albeit just a day back and probably wicked tired. But I'd still come. But even just one day later and I wouldn't be here.

I just bring this up cuz I need to talk to Mike and see if it looks like we really need to make the trip to CA this month if the house isn't ready to go to market yet here anyway. I know we still have lots of logistics to get in order out there such as moving companies, real estate agents, etc. but at the rate all this is moving, that might even be able to be put off until May at this point. :shrug:

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw it out there so you aren't waiting on a definite from me. I'd really like to try to come so if Mike thinks that we can put off the CA trip another month, then I'll just do that. If we don't, it's possible it could conflict. :erm: I'll keep you informed.

terra57
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CheriePie
Mar 28 2008, 03:57 PM
Will y'all still do it if I can't make it? :unsure:

I hope to, but it's just that we cancelled last month's trip to California because we had too much going on at home and Mike at work too. So we were going to go this month sometime after the 18th. So there's a slight chance it might be the 19th thru the 26, in which case I'd probably be back in time, albeit just a day back and probably wicked tired. But I'd still come. But even just one day later and I wouldn't be here.

I just bring this up cuz I need to talk to Mike and see if it looks like we really need to make the trip to CA this month if the house isn't ready to go to market yet here anyway. I know we still have lots of logistics to get in order out there such as moving companies, real estate agents, etc. but at the rate all this is moving, that might even be able to be put off until May at this point. :shrug:

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw it out there so you aren't waiting on a definite from me. I'd really like to try to come so if Mike thinks that we can put off the CA trip another month, then I'll just do that. If we don't, it's possible it could conflict. :erm: I'll keep you informed.

Awe Cherie, I for one want you to be there as this might be the last time we get to see you. Even still if it can't be done then maybe you and I can hook up some time before you leave for the west coast. Whatever everyone else wants to do is okay.

chambejd
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well I would love to still get together since it has been a while since the last one. Of course we'll just have to do another one in May... :whistle:

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well I have a couple ideas.
I was hoping to meet up with everyone every month or 6 weeks or so because I had such a great time last time. So I still think we should go ahead with the 27th, and I know Cherie loves Salem so maybe we can change the location and do Salem in May if that works better for Cherie.
I have two other destinations in mind that I was going to suggest in the future. Actually one was Lizabeth's idea. It's kind of a long haul, but when you see it you will :drool:
Free Books With Your Meal!!!

The other Suggestion I have is:
The Melting Pot
I have never been but heard about it and always wanted to go. They have locations in Bedford/Burlington and Framingham.

What does everything think?

rootmartin
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
Apolonia
Mar 29 2008, 07:45 AM
I was hoping to meet up with everyone every month or 6 weeks or so because I had such a great time last time. So I still think we should go ahead with the 27th, and I know Cherie loves Salem so maybe we can change the location and do Salem in May if that works better for Cherie.
I have two other destinations in mind that I was going to suggest in the future. Actually one was Lizabeth's idea. It's kind of a long haul, but when you see it you will :drool:

The Melting Pot
I have never been but heard about it and always wanted to go. They have locations in Bedford/Burlington and Framingham.

Okay, I'd be fine with either one. I love the Melting Pot!!! But, I'm very, very taken with the idea of the restaurant with books. That would be so much fun and so very fitting.

So, I suppose that's my vote. Talk about soulmates. That restaurant and bookcrossing should cross advertise. :rofl:

CheriePie
Member Avatar
Okay, I talked to Mike, and cuz he has to go out to San Jose next week anyway for work, we figured we can push our trip to the first week of May or thereabouts.

Besides, I'm quite taken with the idea of being in Salem the Sunday before Beltane. I wonder if there will be a Maypole there we could play at?? :rolleyes:

ETA - Though reading Melissa's message above, I wonder if the plans officially changed yet. I was kinda just putting my stuff out there because it was about 50/50 at that that time that I might not be here, but Mike agreed that we should be fine to go first week of May anyway. :shrug:

rootmartin
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
CheriePie
Mar 30 2008, 02:57 PM
Okay, I talked to Mike, and cuz he has to go out to San Jose next week anyway for work, we figured we can push our trip to the first week of May or thereabouts.

Besides, I'm quite taken with the idea of being in Salem the Sunday before Beltane. I wonder if there will be a Maypole there we could play at?? :rolleyes:

ETA - Though reading Melissa's message above, I wonder if the plans officially changed yet. I was kinda just putting my stuff out there because it was about 50/50 at that that time that I might not be here, but Mike agreed that we should be fine to go first week of May anyway. :shrug:

Nope, I don't think that anything officially changed. I'm super happy about going to Salem that weekend. I think that ap put that out there if you weren't going to be able to go. So, I'm good for Salem that weekend! This is going to be a lot of fun!!!! :bananadance: :bananacheer:

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep so I think we are officially set for Salem now that we know Cherie is coming. :bananadance:
So the 27th of April in Salem.

What time do we want to get started? I am the closest so I'll leave it up to the rest of you.

Lizabeth86
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
Apolonia
Mar 29 2008, 08:45 AM

The Melting Pot

I also like the idea of this group trying to meetup fairly regularly (like every 6 weeks or so). I will probably not be able to make every meetup due to my distance but hopefully I'll be able to make a few.

I think the Melting Pot sounds like fun and probably doable (distance wise) for me. We should definitely consider that in a future meet-up.

Hopefully the one I suggested to Apolonia we can do at some time. I know its been a spot that some bookcrossers have released book and would love to take a visit there sometime.

It doesn't look as though I'll be coming to the Salem meetup. I am having been having some long overdo work on my teeth which will probably continue throughout April so I just don't feel like I can fit this in or feel up to it.

I hope everyone has fun though.

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For those of you attending, I am brining a bunch of books again. So check out the reserved books on my shelf that are journaled with the entry that I will be bringing them to the Salem, Mass. meetup. I will mark the book(s) you are interested in.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Meetups & Get Togethers · Next Topic »
Add Reply