Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
May Massachusetts Meetup; Sunday June 1st in Salem @ ???
Topic Started: Feb 18 2008, 08:29 AM (11,218 Views)
Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We talked a little about meeting up maybe around the first or second weekend of April in Salem.
There is a great little coffee/tea place we could start at:

Gulu-Gulu Cafe

There is this crazy bookstore down the street where the books are new and discounted and piled up so high they look like they are going to tip over. It's kinda fun and they do have a new age section for those of you interested. (I can't think of the name of the store right now)

Then there are tons of places for lunch afterwards.

What does everyone think?

Are you interested in coming?

Is Salem a good location for you? If not what do you suggest?

Does the second or first weekend in April work for you?

I think at that point my days off will change to Sundays, is Sundays good for everyone else?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

terra57
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would absolutely love to go but will need to hitch a ride with someone close to me. I don't think my car could make it that far.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
living the dream baby!! :)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes to all of the above!! :grin: :bananadance:

I lurve Salem!!! :wub:

Terra, I know that all the others there yesterday were interested in doing Salem so I'm sure you'll be able to hitch a ride up with one of them. I got your voicemail last night but I wasn't answering the phone cuz The Tudors were on, and we were eating a (light) dinner. (I was still a bit full from my raviolis, but Mike hadn't eaten anything.)

terra57
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
Just don't tell Lemmy okay. If she finds out she will want me to find a store that sells postcards and buy her a good $50 worth. The girl is psycho I tell yah when it comes to postcards. :rofl: Luv yah Lemmy! :hug: :kiss:

chambejd
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That all sounds good to me, apolonia. Sundays, Salem and both weekends are fine with me! I'm looking forward to it already!

CheriePie
Member Avatar
chambejd
Feb 18 2008, 06:12 PM
That all sounds good to me, apolonia. Sundays, Salem and both weekends are fine with me! I'm looking forward to it already!

If you decide you want to bring the BF along, I can drag Mike too, and the guys can entertain themselves while we swap or do other "book-ish" things. Heh, we could make them keep track of steals. :P

In any case, I just didn't want you to have to leave him out if he's never been up to Salem, and Mike likes it there himself, though I wouldn't invite him if it was just us gals. So just something to keep in mind if he gives you the sad pouty face. :pout: LOL

Lemonitsa
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
terra57
Feb 18 2008, 04:52 PM
Just don't tell Lemmy okay. If she finds out she will want me to find a store that sells postcards and buy her a good $50 worth. The girl is psycho I tell yah when it comes to postcards. :rofl: Luv yah Lemmy! :hug: :kiss:

You. Got. That. Right.

:coolwink:

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am thinking maybe we can rotate this around every time. I feel bad for poor Liz, she had 2 hours last time and if she comes to Salem that will be 2 hours 20 minutes for her. I hope you can make it Liz.

Lizabeth86
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
apolonia
Feb 19 2008, 12:52 PM
I am thinking maybe we can rotate this around every time. I feel bad for poor Liz, she had 2 hours last time and if she comes to Salem that will be 2 hours 20 minutes for her. I hope you can make it Liz.

Apolonia :wub:

I am undecided at this point. It is quite a hike for me and I am always
alittle nervous about driving on Hwys/roads that I am unfamiliar with.

I'll think on it.

Lizabeth86
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
This would be a Sunday?

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lizabeth86
Feb 19 2008, 06:08 PM
This would be a Sunday?

Well it is open for discussion but Sundays seem to work for most people.

rootmartin
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
Hi there!

I think that I should be able to do a daytrip to Salem on one of those Sundays in April. I previewed it with my husband (who will be on kid duty all day) and he was good with it.

I'd be happy to drive folks from Marlborough if anyone's interested..... liz, joy? Terra? Anyone else? That way, it wouldn't feel quite so far to drive and we could start the "meet-up" earlier! :lol:

terra57
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
rootmartin
Feb 22 2008, 11:04 AM
Hi there!

I think that I should be able to do a daytrip to Salem on one of those Sundays in April. I previewed it with my husband (who will be on kid duty all day) and he was good with it.

I'd be happy to drive folks from Marlborough if anyone's interested..... liz, joy? Terra? Anyone else? That way, it wouldn't feel quite so far to drive and we could start the "meet-up" earlier! :lol:

I'll take you up on that ride and chip in for gas. I can drive to your house and then we can go from there.
Liz if you want to drive to my house then you can hitch a ride with me to rootmartins. That way you don't have to drive all the way either.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
Yay! I'm glad this is all starting to come together! :bananacheer:

ETA - BTW, Ap, I looked at the webpage and yup, now I know where Gulu is now since I know Essex St. Part of Essex is pedestrian traffic only though it looks like this is the part where it isn't, but yeah, I know a few ways to get to that part of town myself. :)

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CheriePie
Feb 22 2008, 09:07 PM
Yay! I'm glad this is all starting to come together! :bananacheer:

Me too, cause I think Salem will be a really fun place to meetup.

BTW all of you who are coming make sure to enter my rabck contest in the giveaways and bartering section. :whistle:

CheriePie
Member Avatar
apolonia
Feb 24 2008, 08:40 AM
BTW all of you who are coming make sure to enter my rabck contest in the giveaways and bartering section. :whistle:

Shall I throw my name back into the hat? Or am I expired now that I already won once? :P

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CheriePie
Feb 24 2008, 07:35 PM
apolonia
Feb 24 2008, 08:40 AM
BTW all of you who are coming make sure to enter my rabck contest in the giveaways and bartering section.  :whistle:

Shall I throw my name back into the hat? Or am I expired now that I already won once? :P

No throw your name in the hat again. I don't have a limit per person. Plus I have to start to but down on my shipping costs so I'd rather give someone the books in person rather than mail them.

Speaking of which, if I decide to go to London (it's about 50/50 right now) I'd be happy to take along any books anyone want to give or owes to anyone going to convention.

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We are bidding for our new schedules in the next 2 weeks. So I should know then what days off I have, and if I don't have Sundays I can start to work on getting a specific one off.

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I should know tomorrow if I have every Sunday off or if I need to get someone to work for me. So I will post tomorrow night and see what weekend we can pick. Also I have decided that I cannot go to convention so any weekend in April is open (pending the bid and the whole day off business.)

Apolonia
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay Sundays are my new offical day off starting April 1st so what Sunday works for everyone?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Meetups & Get Togethers · Next Topic »
Add Reply