Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NEW M-BAG PARTNERS; *after the USPS rate increases*
Topic Started: May 26 2007, 03:26 AM (27,760 Views)
CheriePie
Member Avatar
living the dream baby!! :)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was recommended we start a new list rather than add to/edit Rosie's previous list prior to the rate increases so here it is. With new rates come new rules... and thus a new thread as well. :tada:

NOTE: Due to USPS Postal Rate increases and the elimination of Surface Mail for International shipments, the costs of M-Bags have increased significantly. Since the amount to be included with each parcel you send for an M-Bag may differ from country to country, the required amount you must send along with your book(s) is given next to each listing.

If you're sending more than one book, have a scale, and wish to calculate how much to enclose based on weight, then please always round UP to the next nearest whole dollar amount.

• Cosmic-gin (AU) organized by Needmorezoloft - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • Kislany (CY) organized by BookMooch Mary (details here) - $2 per mass market paperback, $3 per trade paperback or hardcover
  • Amberkatze/Rianonne (Austria) organized by KathyB - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover) Last mbag mailed 11/12/09
  • luckaye (QLD, AU) organized by Azuki - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • bluejazzyfish (UK) organized by elsi - $3 per pound (or use $3/hardcover, $2/paperback)
  • VeganMedusa (NZ) organized by chambejd - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • Xeyra/Butterfly-noir (PT) organized by PepperVL - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover)
  • Candy-is-dandy/Teachie (UK) organized by appaloosatb - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover)

Handy Tip: Keep an online shared list between sender and recipient, someplace like Zoho Planner or BackpackIt, to keep track of books coming and going.
Edited by CdnBlueRose, Nov 29 2009, 03:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CheriePie
Member Avatar
M-bag Tips:

• Create a online shared list at Backpack. Then either the m-bag sender or recipient can add to the list the books they're expecting and from whom. These can then be checked off as they arrive. When it's time to ship the bag out, just enclose a print out of the Backpack list in the box and voila :tada: there's your packing slip too.

It's much easier to track the books as you go instead of trying to list them all at the end. Also, by listing them as people say they're going to send them, you can easily spot if there was anything that was sent but never arrived on your end and follow up as necessary. Same if there's still any books "in transit" when you're ready to send the m-bag on it's way.

Amberkatze
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Jun 23 2007, 07:55 PM
At Candy's request, I'm now running an M-Bag for Candy-is-dandy and Teachie too. Info added to the post above.

Wow!!! You are going to have a full house of books!

Thanks again for organising the bag for me! and also for the others! It is great that there are such nice generous people out there! :luv: :kiss:

CheriePie
Member Avatar
Amberkatze
Jun 23 2007, 04:27 PM
Wow!!!  You are going to have a full house of books!

Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space. As if they haven't already... :lol:

Actually there's a nice side benefit to all this too. If one of y'all wins a book I had my eye on in a swap, and whomever is sending it decides to send it to me for the M-Bag, then I can try to sneak it into my own reading queue while it's waiting here. :D Of course, if it's a series book, I'd have to be caught up on that particular series and not have a lot of "back issues" to catch up on first. But for when that's not the case, it just may come in handy. :whistle:

zzz
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CheriePie
Jun 23 2007, 10:50 PM
Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space....

Posted Image a spare bedroom?
Hmmm....

CheriePie
Member Avatar
zzz
Jun 23 2007, 06:22 PM
CheriePie
Jun 23 2007, 10:50 PM
Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space....

Posted Image a spare bedroom?
Hmmm....

C'mon over! I'd love to have you as a house guest if you decide to visit the US. :w00t:

Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city. So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train. Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something. I'm in da burbs baby! :P (burbs = suburbs)

teachie
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for running the M-bag for us Cheriepie, it is very kind of you.
I met up with Candy-is Dandy at the Uncon and collected my M-bag books. I now have a few more added to my wish-list to complete the series I have had sent over. Looks like I will need to keep my eyes open for bookshops when I come to Canada in July. (At least now I have an excuse to buy more books!)

hugs

Vanda/teachie

zzz
Member Avatar
Absolutely Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CheriePie
Jun 24 2007, 01:25 AM
Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city.  So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train.  Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something.  I'm in da burbs baby!  :P  (burbs = suburbs)

burbs is best. I live almost in the wood myself (it's a HUGE wood). Indeed it is 30-45 min by bus from the city center or 10 min by train/metro but you definitively don't have that impression here. During the night I'm listening nightingales and of course in the morning bunch of other birds (sometimes that's quite annoying) :)

CheriePie
Member Avatar
zzz
Jul 2 2007, 05:15 AM
CheriePie
Jun 24 2007, 01:25 AM
Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city.  So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train.  Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something.  I'm in da burbs baby!  :P  (burbs = suburbs)

burbs is best. I live almost in the wood myself (it's a HUGE wood). Indeed it is 30-45 min by bus from the city center or 10 min by train/metro but you definitively don't have that impression here. During the night I'm listening nightingales and of course in the morning bunch of other birds (sometimes that's quite annoying) :)

LOL :lol: yup, I love falling asleep (especially in the summer) to the night birds and waking up to them as well. Though more often than not, I'm waking up to a lawn mower or some neighbor banging away on their house! :bash: But then again, you know the hours I keep. :cool2:

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just to say that if someone needs an M Bag, I'd be more than happy to organize one for somebody. :kiss:

AlterEgoZoe
Unregistered

catsalive(AU) organized by AlterEgoZoe - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)

I think that's fair enough, no? :wink:
Quote Post Goto Top

CheriePie
Member Avatar
AlterEgoZoe
Jul 18 2007, 06:58 PM
catsalive(AU) organized by AlterEgoZoe - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)

I think that's fair enough, no? :wink:

yup, Aussie is more than Europe so that's definitely fair.

And yeah, as I told you in IM too, (but I'll repeat it here for anyone who's wondering), since the amounts to enclose are so much higher now, it makes more sense to quote a per pound rate as well, for people who are sending along more than one book. It'll save them a bit of money.

But since enclosing cash inside the book has always been the preferred way of sending it along, the per book rates are best rounded up to the next whole dollar. :D

I'll get ya in the top list now Zoe and Cats!

camis
Member Avatar
I should be reading!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can you add me to the list please! Candieb is organising - $2 per paperback, $3 per hardback.

CheriePie
Member Avatar
camis
Aug 10 2007, 04:57 PM
Can you add me to the list please! Candieb is organising - $2 per paperback, $3 per hardback.

You're in baebae! :thumbsup:

nursiegirl42
Member Avatar
Kenzie's Grandma!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would happily do an M bag for anyone needing one.. I did one for MissyZ and she kinda fell off the face of the earth and I never did hear if she received it or not so it kinda bummed me out..

Let me know!

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
I'll be glad to set up an M-bag for someone who needs one.

Question: is there an equivalent for mailing from Europe to the USA?

elsi
Member Avatar
Beyond Obsessed
elsi
Nov 10 2007, 12:34 PM

I'm now running an M-bag for bluejazzyfish in the UK.

bluejazzyfish
Newly Obsessed
[ * ]
elsi
Nov 24 2007, 04:05 AM
elsi

Thanks for posting here Elsi- I completely forgot :D

oh- is $2 for paperbacks, $3 for hardbacks alright?

CheriePie
Member Avatar
bluejazzyfish
Nov 24 2007, 03:12 PM
elsi
elsi

That should be perfectly fine for the UK.

Most people tend to send one book at a time, but because the price is so much more than it was before, I tend to like to quote a per pound rate too for people who have scales and are sending a few books along.

Sending two mass market paperbacks for instance, will normally still weigh less than a pound, so they could send $3 for those two books, instead of $4 (at $2 apiece). I figure that with more than 2 books, it starts to get pretty expensive if you still use the per book numbers, so feel free to quote a per pound rate too, esp for people who are sending you a few books at a time....

bluejazzyfish
Newly Obsessed
[ * ]
CheriePie
Nov 24 2007, 09:48 PM
bluejazzyfish
Nov 24 2007, 03:12 PM
elsi
elsi

That should be perfectly fine for the UK.

Most people tend to send one book at a time, but because the price is so much more than it was before, I tend to like to quote a per pound rate too for people who have scales and are sending a few books along.

Sending two mass market paperbacks for instance, will normally still weigh less than a pound, so they could send $3 for those two books, instead of $4 (at $2 apiece). I figure that with more than 2 books, it starts to get pretty expensive if you still use the per book numbers, so feel free to quote a per pound rate too, esp for people who are sending you a few books at a time....

thank you CheriePie

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · M-Bags · Next Topic »
Add Reply