Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Which domain name do you like best?
2BeRead.com 21 (22.8%)
BookGeeks.net 14 (15.2%)
BookObsessed.com 32 (34.8%)
InfiniteTBR.com 15 (16.3%)
To-Be-Read.com 10 (10.9%)
Total Votes: 92
Vote for the forum's domain take 4; Down to the top 5 choice
Topic Started: Feb 5 2007, 10:26 AM (9,835 Views)
SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay... I was gonna put in all that had at least 10 votes, but that wouldn't have limited us down much more from the 10, so I took the ones with 13 or more votes and then added in the 2nd version of TBR since there was so much discussion over it. Let the voting commence...
Offline Profile Goto Top

noumena12
Member Avatar
noumena12
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will this never end????
Offline Profile Goto Top

KarinAlyssa
Member Avatar
Uses too much !!!!!!!!!
[ *  * ]
I voted !
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
noumena12
Feb 5 2007, 11:32 AM
Will this never end????

hopefully this round will give us a clear winner... *crossing fingers*

Trust me, I'm as tired as you are with trying to pick the name and I assume there will be people unhappy no matter what ends up winning. I'll just put up my shield and try to avoid all the :bash: There are too many different people in this forum and there's no way we can all agree on the name. Honestly, it's really not that important as long as it's a name that we can all remember easily. It's the content of the forum that is important and we ALL make up that aspect of the site.
Offline Profile Goto Top

noumena12
Member Avatar
noumena12
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SandDanz
Feb 5 2007, 11:37 AM
noumena12
Will this never end????

Trust me, I'm as tired as you are with trying to pick the name and I assume there will be people unhappy no matter what ends up winning. I'll just put up my shield and try to avoid all the :bash: There are too many different people in this forum and there's no way we can all agree on the name. Honestly, it's really not that important as long as it's a name that we can all remember easily. It's the content of the forum that is important and we ALL make up that aspect of the site.

Don't worry Sand, I won't beat you up over the name...I just don't have time to care about it that much. However, if you do another round of voting...I might have to drive over and :bash: you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
noumena12
Feb 5 2007, 11:40 AM
SandDanz
noumena12
Will this never end????

Don't worry Sand, I won't beat you up over the name...I just don't have time to care about it that much. However, if you do another round of voting...I might have to drive over and :bash: you!

well... tell everyone to vote the same or at least 1 a lot more than the others and we can let this thing finally die!
Offline Profile Goto Top

noumena12
Member Avatar
noumena12
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SandDanz
Feb 5 2007, 11:41 AM
noumena12
Feb 5 2007, 11:40 AM
SandDanz
noumena12
Will this never end????

well... tell everyone to vote the same or at least 1 a lot more than the others and we can let this thing finally die!

Or you could just pick a name...I mean, you are hosting the site!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ri
Member Avatar
Mama to two great kids!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted for bookobsessed because we all are. I also like that it has a .com and not a .net domain. It is clear to anyone who reads it (whether already familiar witht eh site or not) what it is all about. While including TBR is cute, this is not a common anagram for the general population. I am also don't like domain names with numbers and dashes in them. They are too hard for me to remember.

Hopefully this poll will finally get us a name! :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

morsecode
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
I voted, but really any of these are OK with me :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
noumena12

I would have liked to have done that. I had a fave pick, but it got kicked out the last round. It was my initial idea from the start, but I figured if I just picked something I'd have basically burned myself at the stake so-to-speak. (I should really stop quoting stuff from books I've just read :P )
Offline Profile Goto Top

giz-angel
Member Avatar
my name's Giz and I'm an addict
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Voted but I don't mind any of these really ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

CdnBlueRose
Member Avatar
Act all thongish, even if you're all Granny cottonish
SandDanz
Feb 5 2007, 09:52 AM
noumena12

I would have liked to have done that. I had a fave pick, but it got kicked out the last round. It was my initial idea from the start, but I figured if I just picked something I'd have basically burned myself at the stake so-to-speak. (I should really stop quoting stuff from books I've just read :P )

:kiss: Sand, I think it's very nice of you to put this to a vote here and that everyone should appreciate that! Most sites get named by the creator and that's that - I wouldn't mind if you just chose the name you wanted, but I understand where you're coming from - there are a lot of people here who feel very strongly about the community and thus there's a widespread feeling of "ownership" - I think it's cool that you've put it to a vote and let everyone be part of it! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CdnBlueRose
Feb 5 2007, 12:24 PM
SandDanz
Feb 5 2007, 09:52 AM
noumena12

:kiss: Sand, I think it's very nice of you to put this to a vote here and that everyone should appreciate that! Most sites get named by the creator and that's that - I wouldn't mind if you just chose the name you wanted, but I understand where you're coming from - there are a lot of people here who feel very strongly about the community and thus there's a widespread feeling of "ownership" - I think it's cool that you've put it to a vote and let everyone be part of it! :wub:

Thanks Mikki! :kiss:
Offline Profile Goto Top

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted too!! Glad InfiniteTBR is still in the round! :bananadance:
It is actually easier to vote in this round for me. The term TBR, Mt TBR etc are so BookCross-ish, it gives us a distinction as BCers, rather than just booklovers in general. And I agree with Ri that sites with dash or numbers or things like that are cumbersome and harder to remember. Same for .net - it always feel like you settle for a .net just because someone has taken .com already...

Anyway, as we are having two new monthly groups starting up, maybe some of the brilliant name nominations can be used to name the groups. Or should we pull a poll for We Need A New Name for A New Group? (dodging...)
Offline Profile Goto Top

mysterious
Member Avatar
Certifiably Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My vote along with 21 others is in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TITurtle1
Member Avatar
Slowing things down a bit...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

nursiegirl42
Member Avatar
Kenzie's Grandma!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted!
Offline Profile Goto Top

CandyTX
Member Avatar
Always needs a nap
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dude... just pick one... LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaishowing
Member Avatar
Newly Obsessed
[ * ]
BookGeeks was my 2nd choice!!! :blink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SciFisstrs
Member Avatar
SciFisstrs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Voted! :bananadance:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site News & Announcements · Next Topic »
Poll Only