Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BookObsessed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Vote for the Forum's Domain Take 2; New poll with some additional choices
Topic Started: Jan 29 2007, 08:56 PM (6,329 Views)
CharmedKim
Member Avatar
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So far, that's 3 for BookBerserker.com. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

azuki
Member Avatar
TBR - To Infinity and Beyond!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted already. Really wish that we can vote for top 3 or 5 instead of just one. Can we set up the poll like that?
hmm, when is round 3?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Potok-fan
Member Avatar
Team Banzai
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree that there are too many choices, and look forward to the next round of voting! For now, I went with OverbookedOasis.com - I can see why some like Tome-Sweet-Tome, and also why gizangel thinks it's twee...
Offline Profile Goto Top

dancing-dog
Member Avatar
Doggedly Obsessed
Oh yeah, too many good choices.

but I thought BabblingBooks had a nice ring to it
Offline Profile Goto Top

nwpassage
Member Avatar
nom nom nom...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted for TomeSweetTome this time, InfiniteTBR last time... but honestly I don't really care!

Just a thought though, because some of the really popular choices are also absolutely loathed by others... personally I would like to see a name that we're all at least ok with, rather then a name that half love and the other half hate... maybe someone could set up a poll, I'll take any name except my vote (vote for any name that you absolutely can't stand)?

Or maybe my insanity is just acting up again... wouldn't be the first or even the second or third time today I've been accused of being crazy... *sigh* It's a rough one, today is...
Offline Profile Goto Top

ctgmom
Member Avatar
Tis the season for LUV!!!!
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, I voted for to-be-read/2beread. I prefer the 2beread better just cause I don't like the hypens.

Even though tomesweettome seems to be ahead right now I think that name wouldn't really be that great. Its cute but, keep in mind alot of people don't know what tome is so if they are looking for a place about books they aren't going to search the word 'tome' they are go to search for 'book' or 'reading'.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene
Member Avatar
Crazy Foreign Woman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ctgmom
Jan 30 2007, 08:57 PM
Okay,  I voted for to-be-read/2beread.  I prefer the 2beread better just cause I don't like the hypens. 

Even though tomesweettome seems to be ahead right now I think that name wouldn't really be that great. Its cute but, keep in mind alot of people don't know what tome is so if they are looking for a place about books they aren't going to search the word 'tome' they are go to search for 'book' or 'reading'.

Thank you Laura. :)
I don't know if it is an American word or a English word , but I do think that most Europeans have never heard of it. (or it could be only me :whistle: )

Let me see which ones I like...........

Oops can't see the poll so will edit my post

Okay (I had to log out so that I was able to see the results)

I really like bookobsessed.
Going to vote right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lizabeth86
Member Avatar
Exceedingly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WOW...there is alot of good names listed. I voted for Crazybookgeeks but there are alot listed that sounds just as good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene
Member Avatar
Crazy Foreign Woman
Lizabeth86
Jan 30 2007, 09:36 PM
WOW...there is alot of good names listed. I voted for Crazybookgeeks but there are alot listed that sounds just as good.

crazybookgeeks? :o I am not a geek :whip: (Or am I) :lol:
Yes I think if you love to read books you are considered a geek. :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

HoserLauren
Member Avatar
Exceptionally Obsessed
SandDanz
Jan 30 2007, 11:58 AM
giz-angel
Jan 30 2007, 10:26 AM
Too many choices! I went for bookbabblers in the end.... I can see tomesweettome is winning but I think it's a bit twee :unsure: it makes me feel a bit nauseous LMAO

honestly, I really didn't like the word "tome" in the name at all (hence, they weren't in the first poll) :(

I don't like the word 'tome' either :lol:

But I'm not sure why I don't like it :P

As ctgmom said, I think book should be in the URL. If we want the community to grow, I doubt people will search google for tome, but rather book. And google puts a higher priority on what is in the URL for returning searches.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene
Member Avatar
Crazy Foreign Woman
HoserLauren
Jan 30 2007, 09:41 PM
SandDanz
Jan 30 2007, 11:58 AM
giz-angel
Jan 30 2007, 10:26 AM
Too many choices! I went for bookbabblers in the end.... I can see tomesweettome is winning but I think it's a bit twee :unsure: it makes me feel a bit nauseous LMAO

honestly, I really didn't like the word "tome" in the name at all (hence, they weren't in the first poll) :(

I don't like the word 'tome' either :lol:

But I'm not sure why I don't like it :P

As ctgmom said, I think book should be in the URL. If we want the community to grow, I doubt people will search google for tome, but rather book. And google puts a higher priority on what is in the URL for returning searches.

Yes she has a good book. aargh point. :wacko:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We've got almost as many votes as we had the first round, so I think what we'll do is start Round 3 here shortly taking all the choices that have at least 3 votes and put them in the next poll.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SandDanz
Thoroughly Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually... that will give us 10 options so I'm going to close this poll now. I'll get Round 3 started shortly. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

CheriePie
Member Avatar
living the dream baby!! :)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SandDanz
Jan 30 2007, 03:55 PM
Actually... that will give us 10 options so I'm going to close this poll now.  I'll get Round 3 started shortly.  ;)

I would think we should've left this round open at least 24 hours to let everyone get a vote in :whip:, but no matter, I'll go check the other and see where we're at. :) Thanks Sand! :kiss:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Site News & Announcements · Next Topic »
Poll Only